We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail fare from Dali to Xian

singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Rail fare from Dali to Xian

hello, i will backpack to dali soon. I would like to take rail at dali train station to xian train station but i dun know the fare. May i have your help?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail fare from Dali to Xian

I cannot find a direct train from Dali to Xi'an. A sleeper from Kunming to Xi'an is about 400-500 RMB. It is also a day and a half long. I suspect you can get a flight from Kunming to Xi'an for about 600 RMB.

The trip to Kunming is about 8 hours from Dali. It is a little shorter to go to Guangtong rather than the whole way to Kunming to pick up the train to Xi'an.

If time were not an issue, I would prefer to take buses along the border of the Tibetan Plateau to Zhongdian, Shangrila, to Xihe and from there to Lanzhou and on to Xi'an with stops in the towns along the way. The part of that I have seen is quite spectacular.

singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail fare from Dali to Xian

Thank you,travellevret. I found Train 7542/7543 will travel from "Hancheng via dali to xian", could you teach me how to find out the ticket price?I found that from kunming to xian need 1d11h18m, but from dali to xian need only 0d03h12m.All of my data is based on travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/… wonder whether they have typing error.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail fare from Dali to Xian

That is a different Dali, in Shanxi Province. I assume you are referring to the Dali that is a popular tourist town in Yunnan Province. It is really very far from Xi'an.

singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail fare from Dali to Xian

thank you, you've save me from a lot of trouble.