We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huanglong National Park - good time to visit Mid-April

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Huanglong National Park - good time to visit Mid-April

Hi there,

Is it around mid-April good time to visit Huanglong National Park? Will the ponds be full during that time? I'll also be traveling to Jiuzhaigou National Park on this same trip and wondered how Huanglong would fare relative to Jiuzhaigou NP during this time of the year?

Also would anyone have recommendations on good reliable drivers to hire and about how much it would cost for such a routing?

Thank you !

Huanglong Scenic Valley
Historic Walking Areas, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Sightseeing Tours
Munigou Scenic Resort
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Sightseeing Tours
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Huanglong National Park - good time to visit Mid-April

Last year ,I was guiding a family to Huanglong Park at the end of April,but we had to give it up on the way because part of the road to the park was blocked by heavy snow.

I don't recommend the Huanglong park,would rather spend all the time in the Jiuzhaigou Park.

Based on my experience,only half of the people can finally reached the Five Color Pond of Huanglong,many of them have to give it up due to high altitude sick,cold temperature or tough hiking(even you take the cable car still a lot to walk),escpecially for young kids and senior people.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Huanglong National Park - good time to visit Mid-April

Thank you so much for this insight...much appreciated indeed. I also wonder if you might have any suggestions/recommendations on any reliable drivers won't we could hire for the drive from JZH to Jiuzhaigou Park?

3. Re: Huanglong National Park - good time to visit Mid-April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 10, 2016