We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

Bangkok, Thailand
7 posts
Save Topic
How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

Hello, everyone. I will visit Jiuzhaigou around the end of October. Here is my itinerary.

28 Oct - Leave Chendu for Jiszhaigou by bus. I think it might take whole day, so I will arrive in the evening. I plan to stay at Hostel C.

29 Oct - 1st day in the park, and go back to stay at Hostel C.

30 Oct - 2nd day in the park. I think I will leave Hostel C in the evening for Chuan Zhu si, and find a hotel there.

31 Oct - I will visit Huanglong, and go back to spend the 2nd night at in Chuan Zhu si.

1 Oct - Take a bus back to Chendu.

and, my questions are

-How do I travel to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou(Hostel C) in the evening? Are there any buses or do I need to travel by a taxi and how long would it take?

-Is it possible to catch the last train from Chendu to Chongqing(19.51pm) on the same day that I am back from Jiuzhaigou?

Thank you in advance.

Chuang

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

It's Chuan Zhu Si. From Jiuzhaigou, would probably need a taxi since past last bus. Expect a charge of about 200 RMB and it will take 1.5 hours from Park Entrance area (Pengfeng or Zhangzha).

Bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou will essentially take the entire day, arriving late afternoon. Your plan for the 28th, 29th, 30th is OK but I would just stay the night of the 30th at Jiuzhaigou. On the morning of the 31st, there is a bus from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong which will take the 1.5 hours to Chuanzhusi + another hour to Huanglong Park. There are Left Luggage facilities for your stuff at Huanglong Visitors Center. Huanglong Park only takes several hours, not all day. Likely you will be finished up and able to take the 15:00 bus (approx) back to Chuanzhusi. (I think this bus is still running during time period you'll be there; but there will be share-vans and taxis around, too. Suggest you get a taxi or ride over to Songpan (not very far, maybe 20-30 minutes and spend night there.) Then your bus ride on Oct 1 from Songpan to Chengdu will only take about 6 hours. The buses all leave early (like between 6-7 in the morning) so you'll get to Chengdu with plenty of time to relax, have a good meal, and get to train station and take that evening train to Chongqing.

Edited: 2:55 pm, April 09, 2014
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

Forgot to add: try to get your ticket for the Jiuzhaigou-Huanglong and Songpan-Chengdu buses as soon as you arrive into each place, to assure your outbound seat.

Bangkok, Thailand
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

Thank you very much Mr.kvchina for your quick reply.

I've talked to my friend and we decided to follow your suggestions. We will go back to stay at Jiuzhaigou on the the night of 30Oct, and leave for Huanglong to in the next morning. By the way, I saw from some reviews there is a view point on the way to Huanglong, but I don't know what they call that place. I would like to stop by for sightseeing and taking some photos, and I don't think I can do so traveling by bus. How much does it cost to hire a taxi from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong for the whole day?

Bangkok, Thailand
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

I heard traveling from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou would take 8-10hours. I don't know much about the routes , but can you reassure me that it would take just 6 hours from Songpan back to Chengdu?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

I can reassure you that if nothing abnormal happens (earthquake, landslide blocking road, snow, massive accident, etc.) that Songpan to Chengdu should take 6 hours, Songpan to Jiuzhaigou is 2 hours so Chengdu to JZG is 8 hours. Since the expressway was completed from Chengdu as far as Wenchuan, it has made the journey a bit more predictable than it was 2-3 years ago....unless Mother Nature intervenes.

However, it's important if you are heading to Chengdu then want to head out to somewhere else that same day, to allow enough slack time for any delays either on the intercity bus OR traffic getting across Chengdu from bus to rail station. For instance, if you left Songpan at 07:00, should get into Chengdu bus station about 13:00. Allow an extra hour for getting from bus to rail station then an hour for grabbing a meal and an hour+ of slack time just because that's always a good idea in China. Therefore, in this example, I would not buy a train ticket to Chongqing for anything earlier than 16:00. If leaving Jiuzhaigou (not Songpan) for Chengdu at 07:00, the longer journey and projected arrival around 15:00 means not buying a train ticket earlier than 18:00 and since that period covers rush hour in Chengdu, maybe even 19:00.

Edited: 5:44 pm, April 10, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

Thank you for your reply again Mr.kvchina

I have a few more questions to ask.

-Is it too risky to find a hotel without any reservations in Songpan(or Chuanzhusi)? Are they going to fully reserved? And do you have a recommended hotel?

-I am also concerned about the bus back to Chengdu. I will arrive Songpan(or Chuanzhusi) in the evening after Huanglong trip, and for sure, I will buy a bus ticket for Chengdu as soon as I arrive. But I am afraid that if I am too late, all the bus ticket would be sold out. If so, what is my another options back to Chengdu? Are there any ways I can buy a ticket in advance?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10,146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

I don't have any recommended hotel in either Songpan or Chuanzhusi but doubt that on Oct 30/Nov. 1, you will find sold out situations. Songpan is pretty compact and is easier to walk up/down street to next place if one is full or not to your liking, so really try to end up there for the night.

No, can't get those bus tickets in advance unless you are willing to book a Songpan place ahead and maybe have them arrange to get the bus ticket. But I don't think you'll have a problem getting a seat on a Songpan-Chengdu bus (usually there are 3 of them going out pretty quickly one after the other), if you buy the night before. In the unlikely situation that you can't get a ticket on Chengdu bus, then go for a ticket to a bus to another intermediate city, then switch to a Chengdu bus. In order of preference depending on what's leaving Songpan when, Plan B city would be Dujiangyan and Plan C city Wenchuan. Both of these cities have more numerous buses leaving for Chengdu throughout the day, and Dujiangyan also has bullet train option. I think you are over-worrying about this. If in doubt, book the train ticket to Chongqing for a later departure rather than an earlier one.

Edited: 2:51 pm, April 13, 2014
Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

A great place to stay in Songpan is in Emma's Kitchen (or Emma's Guesthouse). Emma can give you all the updated information on busses and transport times from Chuan Zhu Si to Songpan and Chengdu. Songpan is also a much more interesting place to spend a night than Chuan Zhu Si.

9. Re: How do I go to Shuan Zhu Si from Jiuzhaigou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 26, 2015