We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Which Jiuzhaigou County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Hello,

Me and my family are planning a tour to JZG, in april. We are looking for accomendation close to the park entrance. Any suggestions?

Best,

Anne-Charlotte

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

We stayed at the Sheraton, it is convenient to the park and walkable or you can take a cheap taxi. It is not up to the usual Sheraton standard but probably one of the better hotels. I wrote a review after our November 2011 trip. My complaint then was cigarette smoke coming through the bathroom vent. Hopefully that problem has been addressed.

The hotel has a fantastic Sichuan restaurant and they host a traditional Tibetan concert. Check their website as they offer an advance purchase rate which is a much better deal than you would normally expect to pay.

If we returned I think we would stay there again.

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply! I will check out Sheraton!

Best,

Anne-Charlotte

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
387 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

I found that the area around pengfeng village near jiulong bridge is just 800m to the JZG entrance and also variety of food available outside our hotel. There are few hotel around jiulong bridge and we are staying at migu international youth hostel which may not be your hotel choice. Cheers!!!

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

We are arriwing in JZG tomorrow and will check out the restaurants around Peng Feng village!

Best,

Anne-charlotte

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
20 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Anne:

How did your trip in JiuZhaiGou go? Where did you end up staying? If there is any nightlife (bars and restaurants), i would want to stay a hotlel within walking distance.

Thanks!

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Hi,

We had a very nice trip to JiuZhaiGou!!

We stayed at Sheraton, it was great. There was alot of restaurants in walking distans. Best of all was that the hotel was at only 1800 m, which were impotant to us. One of our kids went sick in the middle of the night, the hotel was very helpful.

Good luck!

Anne-Charlotte

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Anne:May I know how much for the rate? I'm planning to go on FEB 2014.

Thanks,

Lam

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Have a look at the hotel's own website we found a good advance purchase rate without breakfast included. Mostly we ordered a la carte rather than pay for buffet breakfast.

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Lam,

Check their website for the rate, it may have changed since we went there. The breakfast was very good, but very, very expansive to buy if it wasn't included, the price for kids breakfast was the same as for us.

Good luck!

Anne-Charlotte .

Blueys Beach...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel close to the JZG entrance?

Our rate was still cheaper when we paid for the buffet. Because I don't eat a large breakfast I ordered what I wanted from the menu which worked out cheaper.

Large hotels often have cheaper Advance Purchase rates and I often pay well in advance for this reason.