We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mu Wu Bing Guan

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Mu Wu Bing Guan

I read that this hotel offers a great stay in jiuzhaigou. How do i get more info on this hotel?

I planned to travel to jiuzhaigou in October, it is advisable to book the room in advance ?

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Mu Wu Bing Guan

Thanks for the info...it seems i got no problem to book thru C-trip is just that the Jiuzhai Resorts rates for november is still not out yet!!

Singapore
Level Contributor
361 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mu Wu Bing Guan

just an update on Mu Wu - since I stayed there for 2 nights

the place is a little remote, on top of a hill, 10-15min walk up slope from the main road. the taxi driver from airport had problem finding it, and it was not easy to find in the evening when it is dark. There was a very unconspicious signboard which is so washed out - I would not notice it. The phone broke down so often and no one picks it up when you try to ring.

It is a little far from the main entrance of JZG, another 15min walk (so 30min total to return to your room). Took a taxi from the main road is less than 10yuan.

However the place is very peaceful and away from all the tourism of JZG and the air is fantastic! The rooms are fine, (though bathroom are always a problem, most places in china seem to have no good idea how to manage the water from shower and runs all over the entire bathroom). Hotwater from 8.30pm - late to me. There was a kettle, no hairdryer, no internet.

I would not recommend staying there unless you are not going out of the resort for convenience sake.

Singapore
Level Contributor
46 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mu Wu Bing Guan

We, a group of 5 stayed here for 2 nights on 23.10 and 24.10.

When I got there, reception told us that there were no reservation recorded even though there were confirmation over the phone a month ago.

However, the zealous executive, Ms Yen and the male counter staff managed to convert a family suite and an adjoining single room to accomodate the five of us.

This place is remote from the town But offers a nice view of the mountain from our room.

Taxi drivers are not keen to fetch us as the only access to the hotel is a rocky bumpy hilly path which is a big damage to vehicle shock absorber .

Wonder why the Park Admin donot built a proper road access to the hotel.

Only nearing the entrance of hotel, are there proper road access.

Some guests were overcharged by taxi drivers fetching them back from the JGZ park entrance to the hotel at 50 CNY while the meter is 8 CNY. LOL

Unless one have a chartered vehicle with them, it is really quite inconvenient , though the reception is always ready to offer to get transport for us.

There are no kerb demarcation bet shower area, toilet and washing basin, hence the bathroom gets flooded after each shower.

There are curfew hrs for hot water . Only available from 6am to 8 am morning and 8pm to 12pm night.

I got up at 6,15am the first morning for a hot shower but only gotten cold water from the shower instead .

Was told to run the tap and shower for a while before getting hot water. Flooded bathroom again thereafter.

The Hotel offers free breakfast for guests and also the restaurant serve reasonble price meal for lunch and dinner.

Unless guest is ready to put up for some inconvenience, it is actually quite a nice place to stay .

I will be posting at the hotel review with photos later.

Edited: 6:50 am, November 01, 2010
14. Re: Mu Wu Bing Guan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:27 am, May 01, 2011