We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance & Travel time between each location

Which Jiuzhaigou County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangkok
9 posts
Save Topic
Distance & Travel time between each location

Hi,

Can anyone please provide me with the distance and travel time it takes between the follwing places based on the current road condition (I'll be traveling around 24-26 October 2009):

1. Jiuzhai airport to Jiuzhaigou park

2. Jiuzhai airport to Huanglong

3. Jiuzhai airport to Songpan

4. Songpan to Huanglong

5. Jiuzhaigou park to Huanglong

6. Jiuzhaigou park to Songpan

If i plan to do Huanglong early in the morning and catch a flight back to Chengdu at 15:30, around what time should i leave Huanglong? And will it be too rush?

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

1. 80 mins

2. 80 mins

3. 40 mins

4. 100 mins

5. 3 hrs, maybe 3.5

6. 2.5 hrs

Bus times etc. on the Jiuzhaigou website here - jiuzhai.com/language/…visit_travel.html

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,249 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

I hate to argue with local DEs but based on my experience of the extensive roadworks last month those first to are at least 90 minutes. The first bus in the morning leaves at 7 am and arrives around 10-10:30. You need a min of 4 hours (assuming you take the cable car) & 5 is better so you don't have time. Since getting to the airport is dependent on finding a taxi why don't you visit Huanglong on the day you arrive instead of the last day.

bangkok
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

I tried putting Huanglong on the last day since i thought it would be closer to the airport instead of coming from Jiuzhaigou.

I'll see if i could catch a later flight. Thank you all for your help :)

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

The times I put are average if you travel by car, not bus, sorry, I should have said that. In these areas you could give or take 10 or 20mins when you travel on windy mountain roads like the one from the airport to Huanglong. Depending on many factors there could be slight hold ups along the way.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

Sorry for the double post....

The way you should plan your trip is...

Airport - Huanglong - Songpan overnight.

Songpan - Jiuzhaigou

Jiuzhaigou - Airport and home.

I'm including Songpan there because I'm assuming you want to spend some time there?

It would be great to spend 2 days in Jiuzhaigou and do some hiking as well if you had the time but that's a brief outline of how I'd recommend maximising your time in the area.

bangkok
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

Hi,

I just booked a return flight from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu at 8:20 in the morning on the 27th Oct. Should i spend my 26th Oct night at Jiuzhaigou or should i move to somewhere close by to the airport? Maybe at Songpan?

7. Re: Distance & Travel time between each location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 04, 2010