We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jiuzhaigou and huanglong

Chicago
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
jiuzhaigou and huanglong

If I spend 2 days in Jiuzhaigou and one in Huanglong, will this work?

Hire taxi for day to drive early (7am) from JZG to Huanglong, arrive 10ish. Spend 4 hours in park, and go to airport, arriving by 3:30. What should a taxi cost, and can will I be able to just leave the luggage in the taxi while he waits there?

Am I about right on the travel times--3 from JZG to H and 1.5 to the airport from there?

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

Yes, it should work. Yes, your times sound about right from when I was there in October 2006.

Chengdu
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

Actually one day in Jiuzhaigou and half day in Huanglong is enough.But it seems a little bit tight,so it depends on how much time you have.You plan is not bad too.

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Chicago
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

I'm having trouble finding a non-Chinese map of the area. Does someone know of one that would point out the 2 scenic areas, the airport, and Songpan village?

If not, are the following travel times right?

JZG-H (3 hours--I've seen this many places)

H-airport (1.5 hours??)

H-Songpan?

Songpan-airport?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

I think I do have maps that show those places, but I'm not sure if they're in English. If not, I could probably add simple labelling in English.

Get back to me re those in the next couple of days. My picture files are stuck in my portable hard disk, and everything's all packed up as I'm moving (for the 2nd time in 1 month) in to my new university dorm room today.

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

Jiuzhaigou - Huanglong- Most likely under 3 hours

Huanglong - Airport - Under 1.5 hours

Huanglong - Songpan - Under 1.5 hours

Airport - Songpan - 40 mins or so

4 hours is the absolute minimum for Huanglong if you want to walk up and down - recommended. It would be a comfortable time if you decided to get the cable car one-way.

Taxi from JZG to Huanglong can be negotiated and you could probably get it for 200 or less. If you can get a green and yellow Songpan taxi from Jiuzhaigou your negotiating powers would probably be greater.

The taxi should have no problem waiting for you at Huanglong.

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
721 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

For more information you can check www.jiuzhai.com. This links to the new English language website. There are limited maps at www.jiuzhai.com/language/english/index.html that you can check.

boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

I have a few questions for you, if you would be so kind to answer it would be very much appreciated.

Have you completed your visit to Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong? What is your honest feedback. I'm sure it was beautiful. Is 2 days in J and one in H long enought or would you suggest staying longer? Were the times you asked about pretty close? Where did you stay in the area? Would you recommend the accommodations? Were the prices for the taxi (including waiting time) reasonable? Any particular site you liked more than the others? We will be visiting in Sept. or Oct. of 09. Thanks much!

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Chicago
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

I hsven't gone yet, and am still considering. It depends on how easy or difficult the transportation is. Since I don't have Chengdu on the agenda, I'm not willing to connect there twice. SoBeSparky raves about it, and I'm sure you've seen his reviews. It looks tremendous. From eveything I've read, 2 days in JZH and one in Huanglong are enough. If we go, we'll be there in September.

Mentioned in this post
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China
boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

We're heading to China on September 1 thru the 29th. I'm 99% sure we're going to visit there. Maybe we'll pass on one of the walks...thanks for the reply....enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Level Contributor
689 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jiuzhaigou and huanglong

Hi

Are Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong similar in terms of scenery?

If you don't want to go back to Chengdu from JiuZhaigou airport, what are other options?

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Jiuzhaigou County
Jiuzhaigou County
Sichuan, China
Chengdu
Chengdu
Sichuan, China