We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Newcastle
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Wanting to know the quickest way from Shanghai to Ningbo then on to Wenzhou. From the Live Search by road it would take to Ningbo about 5 hours and then about another hour to Wenzhou.

Have to do business in these two towns and was wanting to know is there any other transportation that is quicker. I would then have to travel back to Shanghai at the end of the day. Was going to use a private driver for the day. Could any one suggest what I could be expected to pay.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
543 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Hi, lubalips,

1. From Shanghai-Ningbo, fastest train need round 4 hours and from Ningbo to Wenzhou , it need 3.5 hours by bus and need 8 hours by train because there is no direct train from Ningbo to wenzhou( direct train is still under built).

So if you use train from Shanghai-ningbo then use bus from Ningbo to Wenzhou, then travel from Wenzhou to Shanghai ( it need near 10 hours from wenzhou to Shanghai by direct train ) by train or bus, you can not travel back to Shanghai at the end of day.

In a conclusion: you need at least 2days for the travel for this solution (total transportation cost will be round RMB550).

3) Of course, you can hire a private driver to accompany you for the whole day and you can arrive Shanghai near midnight (total cost will more than RMB3200, this is the roughly cost reference i consult my friend ).

Attention: RMB3200 include the cost which China goverment will charge one the high-speed road.

3) If you still have other question for your biz trip, you also can send us mail via: Susan205060@hotmail. Then we can help you if you need more suggestions.

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng ( China Biz / Tour Guide)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I started to work out how far and it's quite a day. I am now flying to Wenzhou then taking a bus to Ningbo and flying back to Shanghai.

Could you tell me what a driver would cost from Wenzhou to Ningbo as it might be something that I would consider rather than the bus.

Shanghai
Level Contributor
543 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Hi,lubalips,

FYI:

From Wenzhou to Ningbo, it need round 4 hours by a car, so the cost is round RMB600~RMB700 for single trip .

Yours sincerely,

Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
333 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

I'm currently for business in Wenzhou, if you have any questions you can always send me a message.

Phnom Penh
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

hi! how are you ?i wanna ask you some questions.thanks in advance

how long will i travel from Shanghai to Ningbo?

how long from Ningbo to Wenzhou?

thanks,

Newcastle
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Hi the quickest way from shanghai to ningbo is by air and this is about 3/4 hour. I then got a bus from Ningbo to Wenzhou and this took between 3 to 4 hours. Flying from Wenzhou to Shanghai is about 1 hour. Hope this helps.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

Shanghai -- Ningbo is around 40 mins by flight, but don't forget to allow for 2 hours for check-in and security, and 40-70 mins to get to Hongqiao airport depending on where you are and traffic conditions. So, that's already about 3.5-4 hours. I'm not sure how far Ningbo airport is from the city itself. On the other hand, it's around 4-5 hours by train and 2.5-3 hours by bus.

No direct train for Ningbo -- Wenzhou, bus takes around 3.5 hours.

China
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

I totally agree with ellyse!

But only if you are living or working near the airport, then you could take a feight.

9. Re: Shanghai-Ningbo-Wenzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 12, 2009