We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Points South Area

CA
Level Contributor
146 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Five Points South Area

I plan to stay in Birminghan on Friday 9/16 and would like to get a hotel close to good bars with live music that you can walk between. Any recommendations for pub crawl? Decent priced hotel. thanks in advance

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
17 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Points South Area

You could stay at the Hotel Highland at Five Points. Its on 20th Street South, which is close to several bars, one is right across the street. It has live music. The price ranges from $127 to $218 a night, but it has comfortable beds. I hope this will help.

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five Points South Area

Hotel Highland would be a good choice for its location in Five Points South. Close to everything there and also the Lakeview District. Another option might be the aloft hotel in Homewood, but there aren't as many places close to it as in FIve Points.

Mentioned in this post
Five Points South
Five Points South
22 Reviews
Birmingham, AL
Homewood
Homewood
Alabama
Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five Points South Area

Just wander up and down the street at five points. There are plenty of good choices for bars and I'm sure a few will catch your eye. If you want a great beer selection, check out the J Clyde on Cobb Lane.

Mentioned in this post
The J. Clyde
The J. Clyde
89 Reviews
Birmingham, AL
4. Re: Five Points South Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 21, 2012