We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to recall where motel is located

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to recall where motel is located

Anyone recall the name of a motel that sits on the west side of a river somewhere out between Birmingham AL and Tupelo MS on US 78 and exactly where it is?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to recall where motel is located

I have no idea, but the only rivers that cross US 78 / I-22 between Birmingham and Tupelo, (I think) are the Buttahatchee (Hamilton, AL) and the Tombigbee (Fulton, MS).

Perhaps you can google those, or even check

wwwroadsideamerica.com.

God luck,

Miller

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to recall where motel is located

On Old US 78, there is a bridge over the Warrior River between Sumiton and Jasper. The motel you are talking about is on the right as you are driving west. I have driven past it hundreds of times, but I have no idea what it is called - or if it still open. If you go to Google Maps and enter Sumiton, AL, you can see the place if you go to the satellite view and zoom in to where Old 78 crosses the river. The sign is too blurry to read when you go to street level and zoom in.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to recall where motel is located

Are you talking about the tiny little place called The Warrior River Motel? It's just past the bridge headed toward Jasper on US118 which used to be Hwy 78.

4. Re: Trying to recall where motel is located

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 29, 2011
5. Re: Trying to recall where motel is located

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 02, 2012