We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

Andalusia, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

We have to come to the Alabama School of Fine Arts for a meeting later this month and was trying to find a hotel close by in a good safe neighborhood. Thinking of Drury Inn at 160 State Farm Parkway, what kind of area is that in? Thanks in advance.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

What about downtown near the school? Sheraton would probably be the closest. There's also several down near UAB and 5 Points South. Hyatt Place at 20th Street and 4th Ave. South. It's new. There's also the Tutwiler that would be closer than the Drury Inn. http://www.thetutwilerhotel.com/

Andalusia, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

I forgot to mention that we will be heading to Tuscaloosa 1st thing the next morning so anything along I20, close to BHam in a good area with restaurants. We will only be at that school for an hour or so that one night. I've stayed at the sheraton before and did not like that there was nothing nearby as far as places to eat. Thanks

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

There's not that many places right on I20, or none that I would feel stay to stay in that are right close to downtown. Academy Drive in Bessemer isn't too bad and there is a few chain type restaurants then it would be a bit less than an hours drive to Tuscaloosa....straight shot too. Southside would be another option that I mentioned before. Restaurants and such and then you can go to 3rd Ave South to I-65 N then merge onto I20/59 South/West.

4. Re: Hotel near Alabama School of Fine Arts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 14, 2011