We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in on HWY 78 and heading to Atlanta

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Coming in on HWY 78 and heading to Atlanta

Where is the best place to stop for the night? Prefer Marriott chain of hotels, but would consider others. Main thing is a safe area. Thanks.

Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming in on HWY 78 and heading to Atlanta

Thinker1,

You chose the right brand in Birmingham, since the top three brands are Marriott brands according to Trip Advisor's popularity scale. The Residence Inn Downtown is number one, and is close to some highly rated restaurants. The Marriott is #2, and The Rennassaince Ross Bridge, just south of town in Hoover is a top of the line resort. ( I can vouch for this after having stayed there two weeks ago.) They are all close enough to the interstate system that you can hop back on the road to Atlanta first thing in the A.M.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming in on HWY 78 and heading to Atlanta

What are you looking to spend for the night? I would assume as little as possible. The ones mentioned while good options, are going to be over $100 per night (and possibly over $200). The least expensive option that is still nice would be the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Fultondale. It is just a couple of years old and is on I-65 a few minutes north of where you will come into Birmingham. Actually, I could give you directions to exit off of Corridor X and connect to I-65 just north of Fultondale so it would actually be on your way. Let me know if you need details or have other questions.

3. Re: Coming in on HWY 78 and heading to Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2011