We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 pm, March 29, 2015
Birmingham
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

You should have done some research. The Tin Roof makes it a tradition to serve Yankees a 'ringer' platter, just for fun. Sounds like you got the infamous Carpet Tack Meltdown. Ya'll come back now, ya heah?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

I live within two miles of the Tin Roof and its food is normally very good. You should have spoken to the waitress or manager and i'm sure they would have corrected the problem to your satisfaction. As far as the posting about pulling a joke on yankees, thats just pure nonsense. It doesn't happen. I've been going there for the last nine years and have not had a bad meal yet. And I was born in "da Bronx". May of the residents in this area are from the midwest or northeast. Now if you want a list of what I think are the best rib places in central Alabama just let me know.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

where would you recommend good bbq chicken or beef in Birmingham or between there and Tuscaloosa.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

in Alabama as in most of the south the bbq is pork, followed by chicken, I believe beef is a texas thing.

Great bbq places,

Dreamland, in b'ham and tuscaloosa

Jim&Nicks, several locations

FullMoon, several locations

Golden Rule bbq, a chain,

and lots and lots of little bbq places all over the place. Most are excellent. bbq comes in two types, chopped and "pulled", try the pulled and from the shoulder, ie most tender and flavorful. In a few places the only thing they serve is bbq and white bread, adding side dishes is a newer thing.

bbq ribs can be wonderful anyplace,

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants - Tin Roof Inn

in Alabama as in most of the south the bbq is pork, followed by chicken, I believe beef is a texas thing.

Great bbq places,

Dreamland, in b'ham and tuscaloosa

Jim&Nicks, several locations

FullMoon, several locations

Golden Rule bbq, a chain,

and lots and lots of little bbq places all over the place. Most are excellent. bbq comes in two types, chopped and "pulled", try the pulled and from the shoulder, ie most tender and flavorful. In a few places the only thing they serve is bbq and white bread, adding side dishes is a newer thing.

bbq ribs can be wonderful anyplace,

Get answers to your questions about Birmingham