We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to Southaven/Memphis

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Directions to Southaven/Memphis

can anyone tell me where you get on corrider X or I-22 off of 78- we'll be heading to Southaven next week and i don't want to miss it!!! also- does it take you all the way to memphis???

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

thanks for your help- as you can see-I've never been to this part of town- it's not in my stomping ground!!! I am the one that does all the researching etc- I was also told there are not alot places to stop and if you do it's 2-3 miles of the corridor-

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

I actually live in Gardendale, so I have been around that area a good bit and have driven to or through Memphis about 5 times in the past year. I usually get onto the corridor from a slightly different way, but the way we have talked about is the most direct for you if you are coming north on I-65.

There is very little as far as gas stations, fast food etc. on the part of Corridor X/I-22 in Alabama. Once you get into MS, you will have a good bit of stuff around Tupelo, but then not much until you get to Southaven/Olive Branch. Timewise, I would plan for 3.5 to 4 hours of driving time from when you get on the corridor until you get to Southaven.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

one more ?- on the return trip my friend said that there are signs to exit for Bham but to keep going- is there an exit sign for Cherry ave? I thought she said i-22 just ends- but from the link it looks like Cherry goes over it- it will be dark when we return so i want to make sure i knwo what I am doing.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

It ends right where Cherry Ave. goes over it. You just take the exit and turn right to Daniel Payne and turn left back to I-65.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

I thought it would be a left on daniel Payne- we took a right on Cherry going-

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

That's correct. I looked back at my last reply and realized it could have been confusing.

When you take the exit ramp at the end of the corridor, you have to stop where it intersects Cherry Ave. You turn right there. Then you turn left onto Daniel Payne from Cherry.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

thanks so much- it was SO easy- it took us 3 and a half hours- we had a great time

18. Re: Directions to Southaven/Memphis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 28, 2009