We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late December

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
170 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late December

We are planning a trip to Guangzhou in December and were going to take an overnight to Guilin to see the beautiful scenery. I was reading about the town of Yangshuo which sounds like a lovely place to spend some extra time but I can't seem to find out what kinds of weather to expect that time of year. I know that Guangzhou will be mild and that Guilin will be chilly but what about Yangshuo?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late December

Weather in Yangshuo will be comparable to that of Guilin. You might also want to take a look at http://www.yangers.com which's a good site for useful info about Yangshuo.

Guangzhou China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late December

RTWplanner

I am an Aussie and I live in Guangzhou and I can say that the weather in GZ can be quite cool if there is a northerly wind blowing. The same advise if fact goes for Guilin and Yangshuo which are only 70 klms apart. In a rare event last year it snowed in Guilin for 1 day in late January during a wind from the north of China. Generally speaking however the weather here is quite mild compared to the northern states of the USA.

Because Winter clothing is very bulky I would wait untill I got to GZ before I made a decision on whether I needed it as clothing is quite cheap here.

Yangshuo and Guilin have unique and spectacular scenery with the main difference being more people in Yangshuo speak english especially in the West St area. Before you plan any further I would get a Lonely Planet China or equivalent make an intinerary and then you will be able to ask some specific questions regarding your plans. Please contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com should you require any further information

Lucky Aussie

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late December

the weather in Yangshuo is similiar to Guilin, it is a little cold but with sunny days, blue sky most time, you are welcome to Yangshuo.

4. Re: Weather in late December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 22, 2009