We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Nice
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Hello,

Does anybody have some feedback about these buses?

Are they comfortable? Are they no-smoking ? Do the drivers drive safely ?

I hesitate also wether I start from ShenZheng or Guangzhou.

What is the more convenient ? The best for me would be to leave during the evening and to arrive in the morning.

Thanks.

Olivier.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,351 posts
1 review
1. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Start from Guangzhou as it's nearer to Yangshuo. I think I've heard that the buses are excellent, clean and non-smoking.

Nice
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Thanks Ellyse for your feedback. You seem to be omniscient ;) so may be would you be so kind to indicate me where is this buses station ((长途) 汽车站 ?).

Is it close to the main railway station in the north of YueXiu park ?

Thanks.

Olivier.

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
3. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

from shenzhen or guangzhou to yangshuo, it is similiar if you arrive at shenzhen, you need not to by bus to guangzhou, then from guangzhou by bus to yangshuo, the buses are safe, clean and comfortable, usually the buses from shenzhen to Yangshuo is better than buses from guangzhuo to yangshuo. usually the bus start in the afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm, so you can sleep on the bus when you wake up you will recognise that you are in yangshuo.

Guangzhou China
Level Contributor
152 posts
4. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

OlivierdAntibes

The easiest way to catch a bus to Yangshuo is to come to Guangzhou from Shenzhen by train get off at the terminus Guangzhou East Station (Gaungzhou Dong Zhan) and get a subway train to Guangzhou subway Station (Guangzhou Huo Che Zhan) and once there read the Mandarin and English signs and go by walking tunnel directly to the Guandong intercity Coach Station buy a ticket for a sleeper bus to Yangshuo.

From memory these buses leave at 7.00 and 8.40 pm and arrive YS about 7.0oam. If you want further specific information please contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com

Lucky Aussie

ShenZhen, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Salut Olivier,

Je prend frequement le bus de nuit de ShenZhen pour YangShuo pour des raisons budgetaires. Les bus sont assez safe (les conducteurs tournent) mais le confort est aleatoire (differentes tailles de lit), en particulier si tu es grand ou large! Par ailleur l'heure d'arrivee est assez alleatoire comme les pauses durant le voyage. Ces bus passent par GuangZhou ou ils finnissent leur chargement de voyageurs.

Le choix de GZ ou SZ depend d'ou tu arrives. Si c'est HK, ca vaut pas le coup d'aller a GZ, autant rester a SZ. Ou que tu ailles le seul pb est de trouver les station de bus longue distance qui sont en general eloigne du centre ville. Je te donne les indications pour SZ en suposant que tu viennes de HK.

Les bus partent tous les jours en soiree (vers 20h) et arrive le matin entre 7 et 9h en fonction des alleas du voyage. Il y'a 2 stations de bus longue distance a SZ, voici les bus a prendre depuis la gare/douane de LuoHu:

YinHu bus station: prendre le bus 7 jusqu'au terminus (30 min). C'est celui que je prend a l'aller.

FuTian bus station: prendre le bus 228 jusqu'au terminus (45min). C'est ici que je tombe au retour :)

Tu peux compter entre 200 et 250 RMB pour le ticket. Il existe aussi la solution du train de nuit pour 280 RMB, mais c'est lent (14-15h!) et tu arrives a Guilin...

Tu peux me contacter directement pour plus d'infos: clark.guenfu(at)gmail.com

Bonne vacances a YangShuo :)

Nice
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
6. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

Concerning the night bus from Shenzhen to Guilin (possible stop at Yangshuo) I took it beginning of October (not the best date because of chinese public holiday) and the trip took 12 hours because of technical problem (a glass broke and had to be replaced).

It's not really comfortable (your place is half a seat half a bed) if you are a little bit tall but the time schedule is perfect because you leave SZ during the evening and arrive to Ys early in the morning.

I have bought the bus ticket in the CITS of Hong Kong for a price of 250 HK dollars.

7. Re: Go to Yangshuo using "Express Sleeper Buses "

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 20, 2009