We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Hi all, will be going to Yangshuo next week and wanted some feedback on the following itinerary

Day 1: Arrive early morning by overnight bus from Guangzhou. Take the first bus to PingAn. Explore Ping'An area and walk from there to DaZhai. Stay in DaZhai for the night.

Day 2: Explore DaZhai area, take bus back to Guilin then Yangshuo at around 12 noon - should get me back to Yangshuo by 5 / 6pm? Stroll around Yangshuo town and see the Impressions show in the evening.

Day 3: Rafting along Li or Yulong River, some hiking (I'd like to see the countryside and some of the old towns - perhaps XingPing Fishing Village and JiuXian village). Take an overnight bus in the evening back to Guangzhou.

What do you guys think? Originally I was planning to go to LongSheng as a day trip but I read that it's worthwhile staying overnight so I changed my plans. This will give me less time in Yangshuo - do you think I can fit in both rafting and some decent hiking / village visits in one day there?

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Longsheng is beautiful but I thought a day trip was enough...most of the area hotels/hostels will have trips out there. I would lean towards more time in the Yangshuo area. It's a stunning area and shouldn't be rushed.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Most of the rice terraces have not be irrigated by early May. But your plan is feasible. Yet in such a short time, personally would prefer to do Longji as a day trip and spend more time in Yangshuo for it has more to offer.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

In this situation and this time of year, I'd just skip the rice terraces and head for Yangshuo.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

D1 I would prefer to go to Guilin not Yangshuo to change to Pingan. Guilin offers much more public bus options. I am not sure if today there are any public bus service from YS. Likely still no.

D2 and D3 both OK. You can fit in both rafting and hiking but rushed. If you like Yangshuo more than Longsheng, you can rush back to Yangshuo on Day 1.

Nanning, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Because You get off GuiLin early morning So i suggest you can take a bus go to DaZhai then to PingAn.

because just have bus go to DaZhai .8:30am there have a public bus from GuiLin train station .This bus you can book it in advance .but a few bus go to PingAn. then u can stay in tianranju inn that is a good inn.

Next morning you can choose go to number1 wiew point to see sunrise.then come back GuiLin take a bus go to YangShuo.

In the evening u see Impressions show but u should book the ticket in advance.

3 day you rafting in YangShuo is ok .

Sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Ok thanks everyone! And would you suggest booking any hiking / biking day tours for Yangshuo or is it pretty easy to get around on your own?

And for biking I'm not the most confident rider either, so do you think I would be able to see similar sights on foot? I'm mainly interested in natural scenery / traditional villages.

Nanning, China
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

Maybe biking you will be save more time .arround there have a lot of local scenery. i think you will be love the natural scenery of there.

8. Re: Yangshuo / Longsheng Rice Terraces in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 07, 2015