We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amy-Great guide

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
810 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Amy-Great guide

While staying in Yangshuo for a couple of days I wanted to hire a guide for a biking day so based on trip advisor comments chose Amy. What a great choice it was! She firstly organised tickets and transport to and from Luisanjie show and we were able to get to know her a little. She is warm and entertaining and has an excellent command of English making communication easy.

The following day she took my 2 adult daughters bike riding. Although they were not able to go rafting due to flooding, they saw many sights. Being a local Amy was able to take them to visit some homes in the nearby villages. Despite coming back muddy from head to toe

they had a wonderful time and were full of information which Amy had shared with them on their ride.

When it was time to leave Yangshuo, Amy organised a driver to take us to Guilin airport for a very reasonable price of 280 yuan. She came to our hotel at departure time to help us get our bags to our transport. It felt like saying goodbye to a friend, even though we had only known her a short time.

If you need a guide please contact her at the following address

linfengamy2004@aliyun.com

guilin
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amy-Great guide

Hi, are you Wendy ? I just saw your message here. thank you very much . It is a pleasure to help you..hope everything is well with you .

I Miss you Wendy !

Philippines
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amy-Great guide

I would like to thank this forum for being a vast source of valuable information for travellers on a budget. I have read about Amy being a good guide. The plan was for a group of 10, but because of an emergency only 7 of us made it to the trip; she adjusted plans well and accordingly.

We quickly found that she put her guests' interest as the top priority. We weren't dragged around anywhere needlessly (nor forced to shop) and our realization was that she worked sincerely and honestly in trying to address whatever needs present to her guests.

She treated us like friends and did everything in her power to make things go according to plan, including rushing a bus so as to prevent us missing our flight. With a parting gift to end our trip, she is what made our trip to Yangshuo a good memory we will years from now look back to.

I reccomend her without reservations.

Edited: 5:05 am, April 21, 2014
Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
810 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amy-Great guide

Yes I'm Wendy

guilin
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amy-Great guide

Hi Wendy and Malou

Very happy to hearing from you ! I thinking about you !

Amy

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amy-Great guide

WE just have a trip covering Guilin, Longshen and Yangshuo with Amy. Like to thank her to made our trip enjoyable till my family members looking forward to another trip there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amy-Great guide

Hi singapore car and trip advisor members,

Can I know which is the nearest airport to Yangzhou and Guilin ? Any international budget flight to go there?

Singapore car - can give me the itininery of your recent nov/dec trip to Guilin, Yangzhou n longshen? Are there any interesting places like theme parks or games for kids age 9 and 12?

Can I know what's the longest journey from one attraction/county to another (Guilin to Yangzhou takes how long?)

and suggested places to cover other than Guilin and Yangzhou and any wholesale shopping for clothings n toys in these areas?

Thank you very much for yr help

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
810 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amy-Great guide

The airport is in Guilin, but you would have to investigate what flights go there. I flew in from Hong Kong. The drive from Guiling to Yangshuo took about 1hr 15min by bus, but less by car. From your post I don't know that this area really suits your purpose. The focus is on enjoying the natural scenery and from what I saw shopping is not a main priority. In Yangshuo there are lots of small shops which sell all sorts of items but not big wholesale places.

Try these sites for kid- friendly activities

chinahighlights.com/guilin/article-family-ac…

etripchina.com/guilin/tips-for-family-with-k…

8. Re: Amy-Great guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 04, 2016