We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xing Ping - how many days?

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Xing Ping - how many days?

Hi,

We have 5 nights in Yangshuo in a few weeks' time. Can anyone suggest how many nights I would need in Xing Ping? I hear Yangshuo is really touristy and busy now and a friend suggested that Xing Ping is a better option?

Many thanks.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

Three days should be OK for professional photographer to stay in Xingping,for normal tourists,one day should be OK.Personally,I prefer to stay in hotel resorts with better facilities by Yulong River,which is much quiet than Xingping.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

In this cas most people would prefer to stay overnight by Yulong River.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

Consider staying in Jiuxian village nearby Yangshuo - very quiet and picturesque.

The only advantage of Xingping is that it's nearby the link river, otherwise touristy too...

If you are more off-bitten-pass kind of tourist, you may split your time between those and Lonjiiand slip staying in Yangshuo altogether...

P

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

I really didnt like XingPing at all and suggest you stay outside Yangshuo. You can easily get there by taxi, but I am sorry to say that you might find the town of Xingping disappointing. The river and scenery is gorgeous around there. I think a day is enough. The Yulong and around there is much nicer.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

Xngping is a great place to visit and stay .you could hiking ,biking,liriver cruise around there.please try it .

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

Xinping town is average but the surrounding can be great for rafting, hiking, photo shooting (espl. on certain hills top). Most glorious photos of karst landscape by Li River comes out of Xinping area.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

one night in xing pin enough,then you can move yu long river and fu li

8. Re: Xing Ping - how many days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 01, 2014