We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Yangshuo

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Yangshuo

I'm planning to be in Yangshuo in July with my daughter; (my 60th birthday treat!) Cant decide on hotel - the Magnolia has quoted me more than twice the price of the Morning Sun. I want somewhere reasonable (at my advanced age!!), clean and if possible not too noisy from West Street (but not a long way out). Any suggestions please?? Thanks - the info so far has been incredibly useful.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

You might also want to consider Fawlty Towers... do a Google for "Yangshuo Fawlty Towers".

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

Hello, i have been to magnolia and morning sun hotel many times, compare two hotels, magnolia is newer and nicer, morning sun hotel has better price, both hotels are nice, i do not know the price they offer to you, you can try the friendship hotel, it is quiet hotel too, the price is not very high, If you trust me you can contact me for more information. thanks.

Stafford, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

what about the Water Buffalo - which is on the www.yangers.com website? My husband and I are going in October. I'm not too keen on the "hostel" feel of Fawlty Towers.

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

the waterbuffalo is a common hotel if you like comfort, i think regency hotel, magnolia is nice choice.

Doha
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

First off - you'll have a lovely time there. My husband and I are just back from a 5 day trip there (which I think some considered as quite a long stay). In any case, we had the same criteria as you - we wanted somewhere nice and clean (we're in our early 30's and didn't want the total 'backpacking' experience when it came to lodging!). We stayed in the Paradisa Hotel - which is in a great location - end of West Street (wasn't too noisy). However, the staff were not particularly helpful (that's not to say they were rude, it's just that every time you stood at the desk for something there would be 9 of them behind there all looking 'busy'!). Also there was a slight damp smell to the place - but that could be atttributed to the time of year - the wet season. Our room was pleasant and clean. We were also thinking of the Magnolia Hotel and of course our curiosity got the better of us so we took a wonder past it - it looks lovely, newly renovated, just off West St so again in a good location. Wish we'd seen the rooms. My advice would be try the Magnolia (nowhere is really expensive - it's all relative) and when you see the number of tiny hotels dotted all over the place, you'll realise why these 'bigger' hotels charge a little extra.

Two things to remember - insect spray (I was bitten alive and forgot the repellant - showing my sowllen, allergic reaction to bites to the pharmacist helped but the stuff isn't as potent as what I'm used to!) and secondly remember the camera! it's true the scenery is amazing - we did a hot air balloon - quite nervous to begin with but well worth the mony; which compared to 'back home' (UK) is so cheap and probably the most you'll spend there.

Hope that helps!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

Brilliant! Thanks.

Spain
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

Horney,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. One question: how much was your hot air balloon trip? And how did you book it? Thank you!

Doha
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

Hi...there appeared to be a couple of companies that did the ballooning - not much publicity about it (we saw them in the air!) and enquired about it with a recommended tour operator called Uncle Sams on West Street. The guy wasn't too pushy - quite helpful and spoke decent English. It was 1,500 RMB for the two of us (750 per person), which we considered great value for one hour. They offered a shorter half hour trip - but I would recommend the hour trip. They also offer the hour package with a souvenir t-shirt and a couple of extra small things for 900 each - which we didn't consider worth getting.

We had to cancel the launch twice in the same day (despite going to the launch site) as they thought it was too windy. But this was not a bad thing as it was good to know that they took safety first and seriously.

They pick you up from your hotel and take you to the launch site.

It was quite exciting and nervous - the landing was very smooth as they had several guys on the ground pulling us in - but will warn you they got very close to some roof tops, which the locals found amusing, and we found quite nervous!! But still worth it - if ever you wanted a balloon trip - this is the place to do one!

9. Re: Hotels in Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 14, 2009