We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
324 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips?

We will be in Yangshuo in October (after Golden Week) and have 5 nights there plus an overnight in Longsheng at the end. Are there day trips from Yangshuo that we could take? We can hire a car and driver but I don't want to change hotels. It's part of a three week itinerary and I'm trying to keep one night stands to a minimum.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips?

Never at time you visit. (Only unsteadily possible in peak season)

I advice you contact some guesthouses in Longji to look if they will have van dropping people to Yangshuo and then back home. It is the best way and will same you a lot of money.

Edited: 11:22 pm, July 22, 2012
Aussie living in...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips?

I gather that you are staying in Yangshou for five days and want possible day trips while you are there? We stayed there a couple of years ago and the hotels had day trips to do. I did a cooking class, brilliant and then we just walked around thru the countryside. The light show at night is fantastic and not to be missed, its not cheap but worth it, we arranged thru our hotel, pick up and show. A day or two later we walked thru that village.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
324 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips?

Yes, most people advise that five days is too long for Yangshuo. We will do the usual recommended things but I was hoping to find a scenic drive to an old village or something along those lines for one of the days. We will be spending one night at the rice terraces and so I'm trying to see a little more without adding another pack up/check out/check in.

Aussie living in...
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips?

Five days too long or too short depends on what you are looking for.We had four day break from teaching and it was great to slow down and smell the roses and also see and do something a bit different. Friends of ours hires bikes and rode thru some villiages.Rose Cottage is nice, just off the main drag so away from the noise at night but close to everything.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trips?

I recommend a Li River raft trip starting at XingPing, that will take a half a dayat least, then you can explore the old streets of XingPing. This way, you can see the most beautiful parts of the river in a little more peaceful setting than starting from Guilin with its huge boats. XingPing also has a local market a couple of days a week, I think we went on a Tuesday.

6. Re: Day trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 25, 2013