We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longsheng with small kids?

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delhi
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Longsheng with small kids?

we are a family with 2 little kids (4 years and 9 months) and we plan to spend 1 week at the region. would you spend to whole 6 nights in Yangshuo (in one of the rural guesthouses) or spend 4 nights on Yangshou and 2 nights in Longsheng? one of my concerns in Longsheng is the way up to the guest house (and down...) , by foot, with a kid, a baby and a loguege...

The question is also whether 6 nights at Yangshuo are not too much, and in the other hand, whether or not Longsheng worth the efforts, after alerady spending time at Yangshuo countryside

Thanks!

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

Longsheng is a must as long as you come not late than early Oct. But 1 night there is already OK. Although 2 nights still not too long. You will be fine in Longsheng with kids. Local ladies will carry your luggage or even your baby upon a little bit money.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

I think one night in Longsheng is enough, if you arrive in Longsheng in the afternoon. It is a steep climb with little ones. Use the sedan chair for your toddler, and you will have to pay porters to carry your luggage. It is very cheap, no worries.

Be careful if you plan to let the little ones swim, I am not sure how clean the water is if swallowed. We just went with our kids, but they are older. I don't know if I would risk it just yet with yours.

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

Also, just a thought that while you and hubby will like Longsheng, your toddler might. E a bit bored. Yangshuo region is beautiful, I think 4 or 5 days is plenty. Try Hong Kong too ,close by, lots of fun stuff for little ones ( don't mean Disney.)

Yangshuo County...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

As you will have 6 nights in this area, and there's many activites to do,such as biking,hiking,rafting,kayaking,caving,etc and many interesting places to see,. so that I would seggest you to spend 4 nights in Yangshuo, and 1 night in Longji Rice Terraces as there's some local minority villages are very diffirent besides the view of the rice terraces, and 1 night(either the first night or the last night) in Guilin as you 've got a plenty of time.

Guilin, China
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

I agree with Currychen proposal,

6. Re: Longsheng with small kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 16, 2013