We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

We have about 5 days/4 nights in the area, we are flying from HKG and arrive in Guilin in the evening. I would like to see Guilin/do the cruise, go to Longsheng and Sanjiang but not stay in that many hotels.

Right now for day 1 I have booked the Sheraton Guilin and the Sheraton for the final 2 nights of the trip. Should we stay in Yangshou the final two nights? PLease see below. Thanks!!

Day 1 - arrive Guilin evening, sleep (Sheraton)

Day 2 - hire a car to LongSheng, explore rice terraces, spend night in Longsheng area (booked hotel in Longsheng)

Day 3 - Day trip to Sanjiang to see bridge, spend night back in Longsheng or elsewhere ( I booked a night in Longsheng, should I change this?)

How many days to stay in Longsheng?

Day 4- Drive back to Guilin, do river cruise, explore guilin, spend night in guilin (booked Sheraton, should I change to Yangshou?)

Day 5 - guilin/Yangshou - spend night in guilin (Sheraton)

Day 6 - leave Guilin by plane at 3pm

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

There are no much else to see in Sanjiang excepts the ethinic viallges and the bridges that can be done in 3-4 hours, though it is a bit rushing on this day and you can just transfer to Longsheng the same day .The Li-river cruise usually leaves Guilin around 9-10 am and it would be too rushing for you to make it from Lognsheng on Day 4.

Better do this in this way:

Day 1 Guilin overnight

Day2 4.5 hours to Sanjiang, Overnight at Longsheng

Day3 Longsheng Day Tour, Back to Guilin

Dy4 Li-River Cruise, Overnight at Yangshuo

Da5 Yangshuo Activities, Overnight in Yangshuo (Or Back to Guilin if you have booked Sheraton)

Day 6 Depart Guilin

Edited: 9:48 pm, June 03, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

Thanks for the advice. Do you suggest just one night in Longsheng, not two?

Unfortunately the Moonshine hotel in Yangshou is booked for our days....

Would this itinerary be better?

Day i (thurs) - overnight guilin Sheraton

Day 2 (Fri) - Li river cruise to Yangshou, taxi or bus back to Guilin (Sheraton)

Day 3 (Saturday) - Longsheng, overnight Longsheng

Day 4 (Sunday) back to Guilin or Yangshou

Day 5 (Monday) Guilin/Yangshou

Day 6 - 3pm flight, wander around town.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

Your plan is feasible. Usually an overnight stay in Lonsheng is ok. Certainly you can extend extra night if you like to deeper expereinc the rice terraces.

You can also do it like this to save the transfer back and forth.

Day 2 Liriver cruise, Overnight at yangshuo

Day3 Yangshuo , Overnight at yangshuo

Day 4 Yangshuo, Transfer to Longsheng and Overnight

Day 5 Longsheng, Overnight at Longsheng or Guilin

Day 6 Depart

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

I was quite disappointed by the Sanjiang Bridge and had even spent 1night there after spending a night at Longsheng which I recommend doing a 'homestay' in. BTW, what time of the year are you visiting because visiting might be subject to good weather.

I prefer Yangshuo to Guilin so recommend spending more nights there since there's more to see/do in Yangshuo.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

SEAgypsy - Thanks for your feedback. I am also rethinking Sanjiang. I think if we decide not to go there, we should only spend one night in Longsheng.

This trip is for the weekend of July 1 - very soon!

6. Re: Planning help - Guilin, Longsheng or Yangshou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 pm, June 20, 2013