We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo to Ping an

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
québec
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo to Ping an

We are planning to stay 3 nights in Yangshuo at the beginning of June. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 6 and 7 years old. We will arrive by bus from Guilin train station. We have difficulty to choose between Holiday inn huating or Li river retreat who has better view but is 2 km from Yangshuo.

Also, we would like to visit Ping an as a trip for a day and return for the night in Guilin. Is it difficult to do it by bus? Should we sleep in Guilin the day before ? Do you know the price for a family to book an excursion for the day (I red that there is a lot of place in Yanghuo that sells that kind of excursion)?

Thank you!

YANGSHUO
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

Yangshuo Tea Cozy is near the famous Yulong river,Each of the twelve rooms in the Tea Cozy Hotel is unique. Decorated in a traditional Chinese style and tastefully fitted with wooden furnishings which have been personally collected by the owners , every room houses an array of antiques and pieces of local artwork. Enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep on the best mattresses on the market before heading out onto the wooden balcony to take in panoramic views of the local landscape.so,you can think about this one.

For your trip to Longji rice terraces, i would suggest you to rent a private car for the transfers which would be much easier and more convinient for the children. or you can also take a one day tour group bus from Yangshuo,and you can get off the bus at Guilin Train Station in the afternoon. But to stay at a hotel in Longji would be a lot of fun.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

Where will you be after finishing Pingan? Guilin for flying out or Yangshuo again? Please add more details.

québec
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

We plan leaving Yangshuo in the morning, visit Pingan during the day and sleep in Guilin. We will fly out Guilin the next morning to Xian. Is it to much in one day? Should we leave Yangshuo in the afternoon, sleep in Pingan, stay for the day and sleep in Guilin before to fly out the next morning?

We chose not to have the Typhoide shot. Is it best for us not to sleep to Pingan with two children for satinary reason?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

To be shot is all ways safe wherever you leave home for. But, frankly as a local i haven't ever heard of a report of such diseases sucking tourists.

Your order seems to be Guilin - Yangshuo - Pingan - Guilin. Getting Yangshuo - Pingan - Guilin done within one day is too rush for me. I'd prefer to stay one night in Pingan.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

leave Yangshuo in the afternoon, sleep in Pingan, stay for the day and sleep in Guilin before to fly out the next morning.definitely this way.

a day trip from yangshuo to pingan and back to Guilin is too rush, you will spend at least 7 hours on the transferring if the traffic is not agreeable and the driver is not willing to go the highway due to lots of toll station.

take a bus back to Guilin from Yangshuo and then to Pingan, rent a car or take a taxi will cost at least four or five hundred.

taking the public transport will cost about 100 for two adults, two kids do not count in.

it is up to you to choose how to get there.

québec
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

Thank you, you helped me to take my decision!

7. Re: Yangshuo to Ping an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 22, 2013