We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

I will be in China this december and will spend 4 days in late december from 26-29/12

26/12 - arriving Guilin at 5pm from chengdu. ( what to do next?) Overnight

27/12 - Bus guilin to yangdi , then bamboo rafting to Xingping. Explore xingping town then take bus to Yangshou. Stroll around West street. overnight

*may i know, cost of bamboo rafting Yangdi to XingPing? I read that the government has divided the route to two sections, is it true? If I take the free shuttle car from nine horses, am I able to view the karst of backside of 20yuan note?

28/12 - Rent a bike to Moon Hill. Stop at big banyon tree park first , then go to moon hill. cycle to Dragon Bridge ( is it doable in one day or should I cycle to another place instead of dragon bridge? )

board evening bus back to Guilin. Overnight

29/12 - 1145am flight to Malaysia.

Is it cold at that time? This is my first time of travelling in winter, alone. What about the view, is it foggy in december?

tq :)

Edited: 7:37 am, April 17, 2012
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,856 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

It will be very cold, esp at night! The bamboo rafting might be cold too, if there is wind on the water.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,507 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

It will be quite cold and most places do not have heating meaning that you keep your coat on in restaurants. Check to make sure that at least your hotels have decent heating.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

It will be cold and a bit rainy in end Dec.

26/12 - Nice walking along lightened lake, say from Old South Gate to Yang Gate then to Twin Pagoda then on to Zhengyang Lu for some night cafee, shopping or dinner.

27/12 - price has been changed many times. Now it is:

Yangdi-9 horse hill: 118/seat. 25/empty seat. (if you do rafting alone, you pay 118+3*25)

Yangdi-Xingping: 216/seat. 35/empty seat. (if you do rafting alone, you pay 216+3*35)

Price above is official standard. You could manage to pre arrange a raft. Price will come down to about just 100/seat. empty seat still charges you same money as listed above.

RE: If I take the free shuttle car from nine horses, am I able to view the karst of backside of 20 yuan note? --- Yes, on shuttle car.

28/12 -- could be done within one day, but a loooong tiring day. You could just bike till Chaoyang or Jiuxian.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

Sry, it is Yang Bridge not Gate.

dublin
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

Cold and wet!

On the bright side, the mountains look awesome when it rains...

6. Re: Guilin - Yangshou in late december, is it ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, June 19, 2013