We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

really need private guide??

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
really need private guide??

we fly from Hong Kong to Guilin and hire the car direct come to Yanshou in mid of Oct, we think stay one of the hotel at West Street. I am chinese although live in UK now, so I might handle deal with the local people, I am not good for ride the bike and my English husband's leg not too fit for ride the bike too, is it possible without the bike for this trip??

I guess we may hire the local guide until we arrive for 2 days trips and 1 day free time for us, where's MUST to visit for 4 days trip, thanks

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,512 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: really need private guide??

Since your mobility is limited, you might hire a private guide and driver to show you around, take you to the Yulong River bamboo raft trip and pick you up, take a Li River boat upriver, etc. If you could ride bikes, then a guide is strictly optional, as there are well marked maps and well traveled bike lanes. Negotiate with whomever you hire. Guides and transport are quite reasonable in Yangshuo, compared with the big cities. For more info, see www.yangers.com

You might also take one of the Longji rice terrace day trips. Sedan chairs are available there to carry you up the hill to the top. I saw some awfully heavy tourists, certainly over 250 pounds, being carried. I cringed at the physical effort necessary by the two carriers.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: really need private guide??

thanks. the rice terrace sounds interesting, we both quite reasonale sizes for the sedan chair.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: really need private guide??

Battery cart also is one of nice ways to tour the countryside scenery besides the bike and hiking.

Just note that the rice terraces would tend to be bare for the harvest reap right after the first week of October.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: really need private guide??

is it hire the battery cart cheaper than hire the dirver?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,053 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: really need private guide??

I guess you could rent electric bikes too.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: really need private guide??

some quote I get about 2000Yuan for 2 days include airport transfer, activities and private tour guide, is it good price?

we intend to visit are: Li River and Yulong River ride, Silver Cave, Fuli Market , moon hill and Li River light show and bamboo raft, we only have 3 nights and will book the hotel near west street. is it not too far for all our sightseeing points or anyone suggest which hotel close by my places for visit.

I guess if I request use bike or battery cart might cut the price because all the transporation is private car with driver

Cheers

Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: really need private guide??

personally thinking hire a car is better than a battery cart due to the use of battery cart is usually for about one and half hour and you can use the car for half day and to where you want to go.

thanks

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: really need private guide??

Funny enough already few people to contact me by PM ask to help my trip. To be honest I would go to some reliable with licence guide keep me safe. Some recommend by TA members too. Sorry guys if I waste your time.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,053 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: really need private guide??

Airport pickups are 280rmb each way. Guides are no more than 200 per day in this place. Car and driver I have no idea.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: really need private guide??

I still thinks 2000 Yuan not cheap, I might end up join the tour from Hong Kong although less relax but save a lots of money.

If DIY

flight from HK to Gilin HK$2000 per person + hotels for 3 nights HK$1000 + private guide $2000 total 7000 for 3 nights quite a lots of money!!