We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations or not

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reservations or not

Hi

Does anyone know if it is necessary to make reservations for the bamboo rafting or can we just show up and get on. Same with a guide. I would rather find someone when we get there.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations or not

I think it is impossible to make reservations. These are just farmers hanging around the riverside. It is not an organization. The rafts are individually owned.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations or not

Thanks JPDeM

Another question. Are we going to see the same things on the Li river rafting and the Yulong river rafting. Would you pick one over the other. I don't want to wast time doing the same thing twice.

Also is this itinerary possible for 1 day. Yangshuo oto Xingping to get to Huangbu Shoal for sunrise, then Xingping to Yangdi rafting, then Xingping Old town, then Fuli Old town. I can't find a good map for Yangshuo and don't really know where the different places are located.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,766 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations or not

You will see similar landscape on both rivers. However going on Yulong river is more relaxing. The river is smaller and you go on a bamboo raft pushed by the owner with a big bamboo stick.

On the Lijiang the rafts look like bamboo rafts but are made of white PVC pipes and have motors. More noise and more traffic. You can find some videos on Youtube. search the two river names and you'll see or hear the difference in noise level.

Go to google maps and search for "Yangshuo, China". The maps are not very detailed but you will see those places north of Yangshuo. Get a guide they are very very cheap there.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,494 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations or not

Check out www.yangers.com for lots of useful information about Yangshuo. You can take smaller boat rides on Li River upstream and floating rafts downstream on Yulong River. They are different experiences, and both are highly recommended. The boat ride can take you up to smaller villages on the river.

5. Re: Reservations or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 10, 2012