We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Yangshuo August 2010, looking for advice, etc

Huntington Woods...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to Yangshuo August 2010, looking for advice, etc

Myself and my 2 daughters, a friend and her daughter (the kids will be ages 10,11, and 13) will be traveling to China Aug 24th thru Sept 7th, 2010. We will be flying into Beijing, staying there for 2 days (seeing The Great Wall) and then flying into Guilin and staying in the Yangshuo area for the rest of our trip. I have a couple of questions:

1. mosquitos...are they a huge nuissance?

2. Toilets...I've read a few blogs that have said you throw your used toilet paper in a garbage can rather than the toilet. Is this true? Wouldn't that be a little smelly, etc?

3. The weather at the end of Aug/begining of Sept...does it rain every day? I lived in Florida as a teen, and it rained almost everyday in the summer at around 3-4 pm like clock work, but only for an hour or so, and then sunny again...is that how it is???

4. One more question...will the girls be safe in the hotel room at night, if me and my friend are out for a little nightlife??? We are considering the Magnolia, Rosewood, or Morning Sun

Any advice on those type of daily life things would be very helpful. We want to be as adventurous as possible, but also want to have a good grasp on what to expect (3 girls will do that to you).

Mentioned in this post
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Rosewood Hotel
Rosewood Hotel
68 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Yangshuo
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Going to Yangshuo August 2010, looking for advice, etc

Hi,i 'm a local here(a tour guide and driver), for 4 of your questions, i agree with those guys 's opinoins. and for your main destination of adventures, Generally speaking ,such as : Kayaking, Cave explore, Forest river driftage, Bamboo rafting, Hiking along the famous Li river, Biking to some tipically countryside, ect. i would like to send you some detailed itinerary accordingly if you would like. my email address: currychen88@hotmail.com

Wish you a wonderfful trip in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Bamboo Rafting
Bamboo Rafting
410 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
12. Re: Going to Yangshuo August 2010, looking for advice, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2010