We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo with my parents

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo with my parents

I am planning a trip for my parents (67 and 77), my daughter (11) and myself (40) to China next spring. We are all looking forward to it and all the trip reports have been great help. So far our 14 day schedule is Beijing, Xi'an, Yangshuo and Shanghai.

I am not to worried about the cities, but my big concern with Yangshou is will we be be too limited if my mom cant do alot of treking over hill and dale. Walking on flat surfaces are fine, but I don't think we will find those here. We are planning on the cooking school and would like to do the bamboo raft trip. Are the rice terraces doable? Is there any way besides bikes to see the country side? What are some other low impact activities we can enjoy?

I will appreciate any help /ideas.

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,521 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo with my parents

Look at some photos, it is actually flat there. Just don't climb Moon Hill. You will see rice field around there but not rice terrace, which, by definition, are in mountains.

check here: http://www.yangers.com/

Yangshuo
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo with my parents

You can rent a private car to travel in Yangshuo,you can go anywhere by car.As to see the great landscape and ancient building at Xinping town and so on.If you have interesting about it please send the massage to me tell me how many days will you stay and what activities would you prefer to.I can made a plan to you for reference.

3. Re: Yangshuo with my parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 02, 2009