We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshuo

Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Yangshuo

We are travelling to Yangshuo in early April - should we spend a full day there or just a few hours. Is there lots to see and do walking, e.g. Moon Hill or do we need to cycle. We are doing the Li River cruise to get there.

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Moon Hill
Moon Hill
892 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
638 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yangshuo

We will be in Yangshuo in early April too. I am looking forward to three days there. Lots of nice sort of laid back things to do:

yangers.com/activities_around_Yangshuo.htm

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,031 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yangshuo

Moon Hill is 8km from Yangshuo. You need to rent a bike for 10 to 30rmb.

i guess you are sailing from Guilin. you can skip Guilin and go straight to Yangshuo from the airport and spend time there. Relaxed environment, nice break in a China trip.

Mentioned in this post
Moon Hill
Moon Hill
892 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
3. Re: Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 pm, October 29, 2008
Guangzhou China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yangshuo

Travelled_8

I recommend you spend at least 3 nights and 4 days in Yangshuo because not only are there many interesting activities West St and the surrounding area has a high proportion of English speakers with western foods generally available in the restaurants and great clubs which go till late. I can tell you that most people when the time comes to leave wish they could extend their stay because of Yangshuo's unique blend of Chinese and Western culture.

Guilin is just a large city and the Li River cruise is overpriced with most of the really spectacular scenery close to Yangshuo and able to be viewed 60% cheaper by using a local boat. If you know the local bus you can catch it to Moon Hill for $RMB5 and it will drop you at the entrance to the Moon Hill reserve.

If you want to see a slide show of the Dragons Backbone Rice Terraces a day trip option from Yangshuo please contact me on pwintle00@hotmail.com and I will send it to you because I am unable to send it from this forum

Lucky Aussie

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Guilin
Guilin
Guangxi, China
Li River
Li River
658 Reviews
Guangxi, China
Moon Hill
Moon Hill
892 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
California
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Yangshuo

You should spend at least a full day in Yangshuo area as there are a lot of sightseeings to see, you can bike to countryside, visit farmer's home, do bamboo rafting in Yulong River, explore Water cave and take mud bath there, climb up to the top of Moon Hill, ect. You can cycle to Moon Hill for around half hour from Yangshuo town and We have used jade leo as our personal guide, you can visit his site www.guilinprivatetours.com

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Yulong River
Yulong River
1,462 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Moon Hill
Moon Hill
892 Reviews
Yangshuo County, China
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Yangshuo

Just a few hours?! I thought I usually recommend at least 3-4 days.

http://www.yangers.com has excellent, unplagiarised information about Yangshuo. So good, that other websites have been copying off them!

Mentioned in this post
Yangshuo County
Yangshuo County
Guangxi, China
Yangshuo Guilin...
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yangshuo

have a nice day there, April is rainy season and if you meet sunny days, the landscape is especially beautiful.

8. Re: Yangshuo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 23, 2009