We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with luggage - itinerary check, please!

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with luggage - itinerary check, please!

We have the following tentative itinerary with 2 nights at the top:

Day 1: fly in from Shanghai

Day 2: Taiping cableway, Xihai Grand Canyon Walk - Baiyun Hotel

Day 3: sunrise, explore Beihai area - Baiyun Hotel

Day 4: descend from Western steps & Yuping cableway, Hongcun Village, Xidi Village, flight back to Shanghai

I understand that if we take the Taiping cable car up the mountain, we will need 3-4 hours from the cable car station to the Baiyun hotel with our luggage. I am not sure how much we really need to bring with us since we will be flying in from Shanghai and then returning there so we will only need to bring what we need for a few days, but still.... Does it make more sense to take the Yungu or Yuping cable car from which it is easier to reach the Baiyun Hotel? Since we have two nights on the top of the mountain, we have enough time to hike around the mountain - so perhaps it's not necessary to carry the luggage on our first day? Also, I understand that it is more than 2 hours driving from Tunxi town to the Taiping cable car station, which is further than Yungu.

What do you think?

Note: part of the West Canyon is closed for maintenance. Sections still open for visitors: Tianhai to Buxian Bridge, Hanging Bridge to Sanxikou and Paiyun Pavilion to the first ring of the canyon.

Miami Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
729 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with luggage - itinerary check, please!

Based on the sections of the Xihai Grand Canyon being closed, I am considering this plan for 2 nights on the mountain. The weblink has a map showing the plan. I would appreciate any comments!

Day 1: Yungu cable car, Beginning to Believe Peak, Lion Peak, lunch at Beihai Hotel. Afternoon, go to the Paiyunlou Hotel and check in, then visit the 1st Ring up to the beginning of 2nd Ring on Xihai Grand Canyon. Sunset at Paiyun Pavilion.

Day 2: Sunrise, go to Fly-over-Rock, Bright Top, lunch at Baiyun Hotel & check-in. Afternoon, walk to Fairy-walking Bridge and return to Baiyun Hotel.

Day 3: Western Steps: Narrow Cliff, One hundred Ladders pavilion, Lotus Pavilion, Lotus Peak, Greeting Guests Pine and take Yuping Cable Car down. After lunch, visit Hongcun Village, Xidi Village, dinner in old Tunxi and late flight to Shanghai.

margieswebgallery.com/china/huangshan.html

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with luggage - itinerary check, please!

There'll be porters clamoring for you business. Negotiate for a price first.

3. Re: What to do with luggage - itinerary check, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 21, 2012