We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shanghai and huangshan

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
shanghai and huangshan

dear expert, need some help from you all.

my husband and i will be arriving shanghai pudong airport on 15 Nov, monday, 6;30am. There after, we would like to catch a train from Shanghai Hongqiao train station to yiwu. would like to check if it is better to travel by Express Bus from Pudong to Hongqiao or it is better to travel by train. we have 2 luggages with us.

We also plan to visit huangshan as a day trip to have a feel of the mountain. we do not plan to stay up the mountain this time of the year, i think will be too cold. would like to check

1. if we travel up the mountain in the morning from Tunxi via Taiping cable car ( understand the scenery of this cable car ride is nicer), then we walk to view Flying rock, bright top submit and come back via western step and take cable down. is this walk difficult ?

We are not hiker, but just want to be up the mountain to enjoy and relax.....

If this route is difficult, which is the simpler route to enjoy. We won't mind slow walk.

cheers,

blossomsk01

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shanghai and huangshan

from pudong airport to hongqiao: by airport shuttle bus line #1, direct bus, RMB30/person. not sure how long it takes during morning rush hour.

huangshan: the hike down via western steps will still be challenging as you will have to pass through either turtle peak or narrow cliff, then 100 ladders. cable car down ends at 4pm i think. it should be enough time for you if you start early in the morning, but quite exhausting, a lot of steps. so if you are not into hiking, you may want to consider a different destination.

2. Re: shanghai and huangshan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, February 26, 2011
3. Re: shanghai and huangshan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 26, 2012