We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

huangshan-mukang-hongcun

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
huangshan-mukang-hongcun

- how do you get from huangshan city to hongcun and/or mukang?

- where is the best place to stay in all 3 places?

- how much time is recommended at each?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: huangshan-mukang-hongcun

From Huangshan City (Tunxi) there are buses to Hongcun and Xidi. You can get to Mukeng by taxi from Hongcun.

In Hongcun, Xidi and Mukeng there are small guesthouses where you can stay. Sometimes, they are reluctant to let foreigners to stay though.

I think a night in each is preferably. However, the 'sights' can be seen in half a day each.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: huangshan-mukang-hongcun

Direct bus from Huangshan City (Tunxi) to Hongcun at 08:00, 09:00, 10:00, 13:00, 14:00 & 16:00. CYN15, time takes 1.5hrs.

From Huangshan's foothill (Tongkou), freq. bus to Hongcun. Cost CNY15, time takes 0.75hr.

Mukang is on the way (near the tunnel). 5KM apart from Hongcun.

I stayed 3-nights in a traditional inn with a nice garden in Hongcun.

Huangshan City (Tunxi) is a stepping-stone. Shots photos of sun-rise at the river-side or short walk on LaoJui are enough. Even I visited DaiZhen Memorial Hall & DaiZhen Memorial Park....

3. Re: huangshan-mukang-hongcun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 26, 2010