We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guangzhou - Huangshan vs. Hangzhou Advice.

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Guangzhou - Huangshan vs. Hangzhou Advice.

Hello,

We're landing in Guangzhou in about 6 am in the morning on Wed. The only flights direct to Huangshan from Guangzhou is at 19:25. If that is the case, our whole day is gone.I have different scenarios that I was trying to play out.

Scenario A

So my next scenario would be to go to Hangzhou first (Wed - Fri) and that would leave Huangshan (Fri - Mon). We really want to avoid the weekend and the weekend crowds. Last case scenario?

Scenario B

Wed -- Fly out of Guangzhou to Huangshan from 19:25 and arrive 20:50, go to our hotel.

----- Is there anything open after we go to our hotel and settle in? What time does the shops closed in Tunxi? -----

Thu -- Huangshan in the AM on Thur. night in the summit.

Fri -- Huangshan; go back down to the mountain on Western Steps.

Sat -- AM: Huangshan to Hangzhou by BUS

Or

Scenario C

Wed -- Fly directly from Guangzhou to Hangzhou w/our luggage (8:00 - 10:15) -- Take the bus from Hangzhou to Huangshan (3 hour bus ride) -- Spend the evening in Tunxi

-------Is there a place where we can store our luggage in Hangzhou?-------

Thu -- AM to Cable Car (1.5 hour)--Huangshan--Spend the night

Fri -- Huangshan

Sat -- Huangshan to Hangzhou by Bus again.

Do we have the time for the surrounding villages (Hongcun, Xidi, Mukeng) with any of the scenarios?

Thanks,

Serena

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guangzhou - Huangshan vs. Hangzhou Advice.

Scenario A perhaps makes best use of your time. Crowds are a fact of life in China, and best to grin and bear them.

Scenario B - Probably not much to do by the time you get to the hotel. Also, you would want to get up early Thursday morning to have an early start to Huangshan.

Scenario C- most bus station have left luggage facilities. I would not recommend this option as you will be backtracking. However, you could probably get to Tangkou at the base of the mountain on Wednesday.

I would reduce time in Hangzhou to spend more time visiting Xidi, Hongcun and Mukeng.

USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guangzhou - Huangshan vs. Hangzhou Advice.

Thanks again drumbrake!

3. Re: Guangzhou - Huangshan vs. Hangzhou Advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, September 07, 2010