We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much walking from cable car to hotel?

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how much walking from cable car to hotel?

Going to Huangshan this Oct. Plan to take the easiest route on the East side -cable car.

WOndering how far is the walk to the hotels on top . My knees are acting funny. Checked from guide book that it is 2-3 hr walk but don't know if it means from cable car or from bottom of hill ( easr side-the easier side). If it is more strenuous than 3 hrs, I may have to cancel the trip! Help pls. Don't want to be 'stranded' half way . :(

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how much walking from cable car to hotel?

If you're going by cable car, why would any particular cable car be easier than the others?

The closest hotel in the summit area to any cable car, is Paiyunlou Hotel which's within 5 mins walk from the upper station of Taiping cable car. This cable car is also usually the least crowded and with the best views. It's also about half an hour's walk to Yungu cable car, and perhaps around 3-4 hours' walk to Yuping cable car depending on how much stopping and sightseeing/photo-taking you do along the way.

If you've any more queries, email me at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "TripAdvisor" and your own username (eg ceurope) in the subject line.

2. Re: how much walking from cable car to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, March 11, 2010