We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting nervous about trip

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
323 reviews
Save Topic
Getting nervous about trip

Im trying to manage a trip to Huangshan.

My wife and I plan on spending a night there.

We will be coming from either Shanghai or Hangzhou.

We prefer to take a flight to Huandgshan rather than a bus or train.

Is it better more convenient to take a plane from Shanghai or Hangzhou?

We be arriving in Shanghai, then spend a few nights, then spend 1 night in Hangzhou then another night in Huangshan.

So which should be second on the list?

Fly in to Shanghai for a few nights, then take a train to Hangzhou ,spend 1 night then a plane from Hangzhou to Huangshan, spend one night then a plane back to Shanghai?

Or fly in to Shanghai, for a few nights, then take a plane to Huangshan, then either train or plane or bus or taxi to Hangzhou,spend a night in Hangzhou then the train to Shanghai?

Also, where is the cleanest, most expensive place to stay on Huangshan mountain?

Thanks!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting nervous about trip

Im wondering which airlines to take from Shanghai to Huangshan?

Then when we arrive in Huangshan airport, how to get to Beihai Hotel?

Whats this I hear about leaving luggage issues.

Cant we arrive in Huangshan airport, then ascend up to Beihai Hotel, leave our luggage in our room and then walk around the mountain?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting nervous about trip

No flights for Hangzhou -- Huangshan, only possible to fly Shanghai -- Huangshan.

Just organise it so that you're not spending Fri/Sat night on top of Huangshan. If it fits your flight schedule, you should also consider flying straight to Huangshan after arriving in Shanghai.

All the rooms are about as expensive! Most expensive doesn't necessarily mean it's the best nor cleanest. If you're just looking for a way to spend extra money, simply stay on top on Fri/Sat night as those are the most expensive nights in the week!

I think only Shanghai Airlines and China Eastern fly the Shanghai -- Huangshan route.

From the airport, take a taxi/airport shuttle to Tunxi (aka Huangshan city). Since all flights arrive late at night, you'll have to wait till the next morning to get a bus to Tangkou (south foot of Huangshan). Then you'll need to transfer to another bus to get to the lower station of Yungu cable car. From there you could choose to take the cable car or climb up. Even if you take the cable car up, you'll still have to walk about half an hour more to get to Beihai Hotel. Simple, isn't it? :)

Nothing to stop you from doing what you want with your luggage, it's just that you need to understand that the hotel isn't next to the airport.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting nervous about trip

Thanks for the info, im personally going to skip Huangshan this time but the info here should help other travelers in the future.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting nervous about trip

That's precisely why I answered!

5. Re: Getting nervous about trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, October 04, 2009