We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young couple travelling to Santiago

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Young couple travelling to Santiago

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to south America for next year, we are heading to Peru for a few weeks and were thinking of heading down to chile for a bit (Santiago and then somewhere down south),

I was just wanting some information on what there is to do in chile for young people (22 years old) other than the good food and culture.

I'm not really interested in wine tours, museums etc, I'm looking for information more along the lines of hostels to meet other young people, good bars, resteraunts, day activities/tours tailored towards people of a younger age.

Or is maybe chile not what I'm looking for?

Any information or stories would be very appreciated.

Thanks heaps,

Dean

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young couple travelling to Santiago

Santiago has a very lively club scene, there are dozens of hostels and lots of great restaurants. One tour you might consider is the Pachama bus which runs tours, directed towards the younger crowd both to the north and south from Santiago. My niece took the northern tour last year and had a great time.

Good areas in Santiago are Lastarria-Bellas Artes, Bellavista, Providencia, Ave. Brasilia-Ricardo Cumming.

Puerto Varas, Chile
Level Contributor
474 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young couple travelling to Santiago

two places in Chile that offer that in good quantities are San PEdro de Atacama and Pucon. one's the desert oasis, catering to a very wide range of mostly young people from around the world, with impressive tours, very fun bars, hostels, trips, etc.

the other is the place with the active volcano, white water rafting, kayaking, trekking, horseback trips, beach, lake, and an abundance of bars and party places...

Santiago can be great fun, but the circuit is a little more for those in the know than SPA and Pucon.

Pensacola, FL
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young couple travelling to Santiago

Pucon is highly recommended. I have a connection with someone that runs a nice hostel if you're interested.

Edited: 12:16 am, November 26, 2010
4. Re: Young couple travelling to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 am, May 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Talcahuano