We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

Hi

My husband and I are visiting Chile in November/December. WE are planning on spending 3-4 nights in SPA. I was wondering where we should stay. We would like decent accomodation with an en-suite that is pretty central.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll come back with more questions

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
Level Contributor
6,619 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

It all depends on you budget, there are very expensive hotels and more moderate places.

Peru
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

Starting suggestions: Atliplanico Atacama and Poblado Kimal are both mid-priced and centrally located.

You might also consider something a bit from town. E.g., Alto Atacama is 3.5 km (about 5 min) from town, less light pollution for better star gazing at night, and after seeing all there is to see in the center, you probably won't miss it!

Happy travel planning!

Anabel

Chile For Less

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

Thanks Anabel, will have a look at those. 3.5km from town is still central so will look at that one too

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

We've stopped in Altiplanico twice and heartily recommend it. It is built to resemble an adobe village and each of the rooms is unique. There is a small sitting area outside the room and many have an outside shower (great for cooling off at lunchtime) as well as ensuite inside. Staff are friendly and helpful. They make a point of employing local staff (unlike some of the more expensive hotels on the edge of town) so your money is actually helping the local economy. you can read my review here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

You can check hostal puritama and hostal la ruca. I have been in both. The last one is expensove than the first but he prices are ok. La ruca is around 80 per night in suite. I will suggest book in advance. Cheers.

Mudgee, Australia
Destination Expert
for Mudgee
Level Contributor
213 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

We stayed at Casa del Don Tomas which is fairly central but far enough away from the main drag to be quiet. It is about 5 - 10 minute walk to the main street to dine otr there is quite a good restaurant if you want to dine in. We walked back there a couple of times latish and it was safe.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

THanks for all your suggestions, will be checking them all out

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,023 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

As mentioned in #2, I've stayed at the Poblado Kimal. It's restaurant has an entrance on the main street, so it is very central, but the rooms / chalets are set back in a quiet compound.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

Tierra Atacama is the absolute best value in the San Pedro de Atacama area. You get the level of accommodations/spa/food/excursions as you do in Alto Atacama/Awasi/Exlora at about 70% of the price. Outside of San Pedro, but if the location works for you it should be considered in my opinion.

All my best in life's adventures,

Jordan Harvey

Knowmad Adventurer

10. Re: Accomodation in San Pedro de Atacama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama