We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

I will be traveling to San Pedro de Atacama this October and will have a precious two day period to spend seeing the area. I have a few questions I was hoping some of you might be able to answer. First, how reliable is air travel to this area? I will be flying LAN. Second, I would love to hear recommendations for the best tour company in the area. I do not mind paying more for exceptional or private guide services. I am happy to trek and to be at altitude, as I will have just finished a trip to Machu Picchu. I have read many of the previous threads on this topic, but haven't been able to reach anyone to book excursions in advance just yet, despite multiple e-mails. I have so little time in the area and would like to make the most of it! Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro de Atacama
San Pedro de Atacama
Antofagasta Region, Chile
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

If it's not too late for you...we did a two night three day trip with Desert Adventures two years ago which was very good. We booked it through www.visitchile.com but I guess it might have been possible to go direct.

It started with a pick up at Calama, a half day tour (Sunset in the valley of the moon), a full day tour to salt lakes etc and then a half day starting with the Tatio Geysers, we were then dropped off at Calama.

It all worked very well for us.

Mentioned in this post
Calama
Calama
Antofagasta Region, Chile
Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

BTW Desert Adventure's web address is...

www.desertadventure.cl

Hope it helps.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

how much did you spend approx with desser adv?

4. Re: Tour Operators in San Pedro de Atacama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 24, 2010