We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Hello all,

What is the best (and economical) way of travelling to Battambang from Siem Reap?

Thank you in advance! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Battambang
Battambang
Battambang Province, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

bus .. 3hrs and under $5

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Hello thmoore,

Would you by any chance know the name of the bus company and/or their website (if they have one)?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,579 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

There are many bus companies operating between Siem Reap and Battambang and vice versa.

They are all "B" league operators as this sector not served by either Mekong Express or Giant Ibis.

I travel this sector frequently in both directions.

My preference is for the Capitol Bus which also has the added benefit of having its terminal/office right in the centre of Siem Reap.

But please remember that these are local bus companies, using very old buses, serving local people and local needs, and frequent stopping/starting to pick up/drop off people and goods is the norm. Foreigners are the minority passengers on these services but this is part of their attraction.

These buses are great value for money for the distance traveled.

Best regards. Ian

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Battambang
Battambang
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Thanks so much for the very informative reply, Ian!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Found Capitol Bus schedule

www.capitoltourscambodia.com/index.php…

Siem Reap - Battambang Daily ► 7:30 - 8:30 - 9:30 - 13:30 ($4/person)

Battambang - Siem Reap Daily ►7:45 - 9:45 - 13:00 and 3pm (sunday only)

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Battambang
Battambang
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

We used Capitol from SR to BB on 17 March.

Booked it at their main office near Pub Street. $3.75 per ticket.

Hotel pick-up arranged for about 0900 to catch the 0930 bus.

Got picked up at 0930, so were the last ones to reach the bus.

Bus was full.

It set off at 0945, and as soon as the driver turned the key, a whole load of mozzies woke up and got into action.

For the next 4 hours all you could hear was people clapping their hands zapping their non-fare paying companions!

Apart from that not a bad experience. The bus was a bit of a dinosaur, but there was plenty of nice scenery along the way. Stopped at Sisophan for about 35 minutes.

Bus terminates at the Capitol office in BB, which is central enough.

If you're going to Poipet after BB then we paid $30 for a very nice a/c taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Pub Street
Pub Street
7,690 Reviews
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14,579 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Dagwood,

Don't you think that your only, and oft repeated, story about your - one trip by Capitol bus and your swarm free-loading, uninvited, mosquitoes is getting a bit stale by now?

Do you have any later,updated, information of your travel with this or other any of the bus companies operating between Siem Reap and Battambang?

If so, I am sure the forum readership would appreciate current information rather than oft repeated, past history, based on a single bus experience.

Rgds. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh

Edited: 3:41 am, June 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Battambang
Battambang
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

Ian

17 March is exactly 80 days ago. That's recent enough experience for me to repeat the posting when I feel like it.

If people used the SEARCH a bit more, and did a bit of self-help then perhaps you'd get your wish of me, or anyone else, not repeating my first hand experiences of a very enjoyable trip.

My experience is first hand, which is far better than some of the stuff that often gets posted as 3rd party hearsay.

During our latest trip to Cambodia and Thailand me and the cook had 6 bus journeys of between 2 to 6 hours, and the only one that gave us any bother with free-loading insects was the Capitol one from SR to BB.

I'm sure that Capitol don't fumigate their old cronks all that regularly, and the problem still exists.

If you'd like me to send my proposed postings to you in draft for approval, then I haven't got a problem with that (wink)!

TVM

Peter

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: How to travel from Siem Reap to Battambang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014