We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa to Thailand

Which Battambang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Visa to Thailand

Hi,

I would like to get a tourist visa for Thailand as I am planning to stay there for a month but am entering the country overland. Is there anyway I can obtain it in Battambang? If so, do I need to provide anything apart from the photos and the fee?

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa to Thailand

You are out of luck as Thailand does not appear to have a Consulate General in Battambang and only has its' Embassy in Phnom Penh as below;

Cambodia, Royal Thai Embassy

196 M.V. Preah Norodom Boulevard,

Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon,

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Tel: (855 23) 363 869-71

Fax: (855 18) 810 860, (855 23) 365 118

E-mail: thaipnp@mfa.go.th, thaipnh@mfa.go.th

Best regards. Ian

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa to Thailand

Thanks Ian, I guess I'll have to go back to Phnom Penh then...

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa to Thailand

Well, not necessarily so.

There may be an alternative but it rather depends on how much time you have left in Siem Reap.

Personally, I would call in at the Siem Reap Office of Five Oceans Co Ltd and see what they can do for you. Through a well established and well connected travel agent such as Five Oceans you may be able to get your thirty day Thai visa more quickly than you think and not have to leave Siem Reap whilst things are processed.

Obviously you will need to complete and sign a Thai Visa Application form and provide one or more Visa/Passport type photos which available from any photo shop in Siem Reap and, of course, you passport will need to go to Phnom Penh by courier. but you, personally, could remain in Siem Reap.

Best regards. Ian

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa to Thailand

Thanks for all that Ian. I am however not in Siem Reap but in Takeo, so PP is the easiest way! Cheers!

5. Re: Visa to Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 16, 2014