We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battambang to Phnom Phen

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Battambang to Phnom Phen

Has anyone done the No. 5 road from Battambang to Phnom Phen by bus recently? I am thinking of going from Siem Reap to Battambang by boat. Instead of returning to SR by boat and then going on No 6 road to Phnom Phen or going to Phnom Phen straight from Battambang. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Battambang to Phnom Phen

We hired as car for that trip - which made it much faster. Anyway, the road is very good condition and the buses are supposed to be of decent quality also - - definitely do not backtrack all the way up to SR again - go straight from BB to PP.

www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/buses.htm

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battambang to Phnom Phen

Many thanks for that information.

Turin, Barcelona...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Battambang to Phnom Phen

Hey..i havent' done that road yet but i'm gonna make it tomorrow!!!From Phnom Penh to Battabang by bus, is the most common way to do it and it will cost 4,5 USD and will take 6 hours..

Everybody here told me that the road is ok and number 5 is one of the best roads of Cambodia (that doesn't really help because the rest of the roads aren't really good but anyway...hehehe)

No worries, will be all right!!

:-)

4. Re: Battambang to Phnom Phen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, October 10, 2009