We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kentung Guides and Places to stay

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kentung Guides and Places to stay

rivaltribal

I believe you have some good information

Jo

7 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

hey Jo...PM just sent...cheers.

IL
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

I highly recommend the guide Francis Sai Twe.

We hired his services for two wonderful day treks.

We have nothing but compliments for him but would like to emphasize his unique things advantage - the knowledge of some of tribe dialects ( La Hu Na and Akha). As a result we could easily communicate with the tribes mean and women.

Francis can be reached at sai.francis2012@gmail.com

Edited: 4:39 pm, October 25, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

Sai Francis was also recommended to me by a couple guys staying when I was there last & they used him....

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

Anyone planning to do trekking in Kengtung between Dec 5 - Dec 8, 2014?

I'm looking for a couple to trekkers to share cost for guide and transportation on any of the days.

I've got a quote for USD50 for guide and bike, but I prefer car for safety.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

Hey!

Going there very soon! If anyone would share a guide costs we might be in.

We don't have much money for guided tours and will maybe have to trek by ourselves if possible. If anyone have some tips about ways that are possible independently please advise.

Dave? You seem very knowledgeable about the area, I would love to hear your tips!

Thanks

Lausanne...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

Just came back from Kentung and I would highly recommend Francis Sai Twe for visiting the hill bribes. I have spent two wonderful days with him, walking and talking and learning. I am very grateful for the experience.

Francis has deep knowledge tribal life and speaks many of the tribe dialects. We were welcomed in every village we visited and it was evident the the locals were very pleased to see him.

Francis can be reached at sai.francis2012@gmail.com

Edited: 4:07 pm, January 18, 2017
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kentung Guides and Places to stay

I tried one of the guide recommended online and was a little disappointed so I changed my guide to Dominic Noot for my last day of trekking. I would recommend Dominic Noot as he is patient, courteous and accomodating. He's not greedy and cares about the locals and their culture, as well as try his best on his job.

He can be contacted at his email : sainoot15@gmail.com

I would recommend hotel Khema Rattha for the hotel in Keng Tung / Kyaing Tong. It's about 10-15mins drive from the city centre but the service of the hotel is fantastic. The rooms are big and clean and the owner drives you almost everywhere for sightseeing free of charge when he is free. The hotel provides shuttle service to the city centre 2 ways too. The owner is very helpful and kind and he treats his guest more like a friend than a customer as I see him helping me unconditionally when I needed a doctor and also when I missed my flight back to Yangon. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Reply to: Kentung Guides and Places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted