We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mass on August 15th

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mass on August 15th

Hello,

Is there a Catholic Mass on Assumption of Holy Mary on August 15th in Sunny beach and/or Nessebar? I already posted this question and got some solid answers, but unfortunately the other users replies were deleted...

Thanks a lot,

Don

Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mass on August 15th

August, 15th., is the official holiday of Nessebar and there will be an orthodox liturgy at the only working church in Old Nessebar. The nearest catholic church is in Burgas - http://www.catholic-burgas.com/.

Danny

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mass on August 15th

Thank you for your reply! In which orthodox church in Nessebar will they celebrate the Mass? Do you know by any chance the time schedule?

Best,

Don

Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mass on August 15th

The only working church in Old Nessebar is the Church Assumption of the Holy Virgin, to the left of the remains of the Church of St Sophia or the Old Bishopric. Its golden plated belfry could be seen easily even from Sunny beach. The liturgy usually starts at 9:00 am but I'll check and tell you at least 2 days in advance.

Danny

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mass on August 15th

Hello there,

I would highly appreciate that!

Best,

Don

Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mass on August 15th

Hi Don,

The Holy liturgy starts at 6 pm August 14th., at the church Assumption of the Holy Virgin, Old Nessebar. After the liturgy at 7.30 pm will be a procession up to the Amphitheater.

Next week I'll tell you the exact hour of the liturgy on 15th. For sure it'll be early in the morning as for 9.30 is planned the ceremonial raising of the national flag. Then at 10 am starts the swimming marathon.

Danny

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mass on August 15th

Thank you so much for your detailed reply - you'll be in our prayers on August 15th!

Best from Istanbul,

Don

Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mass on August 15th

I've spoken today at the church of Holy Virgin in Old Nessebar - the Holy liturgy and the procession with the miraculous icon of the Black Virgin after that will be on August 14th., at 6pm.

There will be a liturgy August 15th., at 8 am but I kindly advise you to participate that on 14th.

Danny

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mass on August 15th

Hello Danny,

Thank you again for all your valuable help! We spent a magnificant moment at the Church...unfortunately I got lost during the procession as I was looking around the beauty of Old Nessebar. ;-)

Have you been there as well?

Before getting back to the hotel, I even could catch a part of the light show of Next day as they were testing the devices.

We really enjoyed our stay in Bulgaria and its people - and for sure you are one of their ambassadors!

Take care,

Don

Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mass on August 15th

Hi Don,

Happy that you spent some magnificent and unforgettable moments in my country.

Danny

10. Re: Mass on August 15th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nessebar