We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Which Borovets hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

I read on previous messages that there was only 1km of runs open and it's difficult to ski/board. I'm going with 2 new be boarders who has been once before and another skier.

Praying for snow so more runs are open. It will knock the confidence if the runs are packed!!!

No fun

Snow Snow Snow.

Braintree
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Hello.

I am going on the 4th of Jan. I will keep you posted.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Hi- we are out on the 5th (weather permitting as gale force winds predicted in UK)- some light snow this week expected, but forcast keeps changing!

Rayovo, Sofiya...
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Sadly, no more runs open just now, but everything is likely to have changed by the 25th, so here's hoping you have a great holiday. Helen

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Thank you everyone who has posted so far. Really appreciate it. I know a lot can change in 3 weeks so in keeping fingers crossed.

Hope you guys who are out there now also have a big dump if snow

Snow snow snow!

Braintree
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

On bus heading to Rila a Hotel.

Rep just told me no snow due for another 10 days. Only 40% of lifts currently open

PORTSMOUTH
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

how is the snow i arrive 11 jan

PORTSMOUTH
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

is it skiiable at moment or shall i ask for my money back i am due to arrive 11 jan.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

lol- we arrive tommorow!- the runs with snow machines on are skiing well- limited pistes obviously ,not good, but thats in the lap of the gods- snow expected this week appears to have "gone"- but it will come soon!

never mind- will just make the most of it- its a brill place for a nice holiday even if limited skiing!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

I'm also going on the 25th, fingers crossed for snow. But I do like the look of Yastrebetz 3 which is currently open.

Here's the link the the piste runs

http://www.borovets-bg.com/tracks#tracks

:) see you in borovets

Borovets, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is more runs open? Fly out jan25th

Hi

The resort is very quiet which is a bonus due to the fact that there is not much open however even though there is not much snow the ski runs that are open are in great condition considering! After around 2pm conditions can get a a bit tough and a bit icy but first thing they are pretty good although Yastrebets is skiing better than Rila.

In terms of whether or not to cancel your holiday, I can't answer this and your holiday will be what you make it! Saying that, if you think you will be disappointed due to conditions and it will put you off any future trips then maybe you should consider cancelling and coming back at a different time. If you are happy with what is open and want to come regardless then that is just as good as well!

Anyway, like I said, the slopes that are open are still in very good condition, especially first thing so make sure you get up early and get out there! We just need temperatures to drop (it is around 12degrees in the day time) so that we can at least get the cannons back on.

Kas