We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist things to do here

Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
tourist things to do here

any ideas of tourist things to do in the area?

5 replies to this topic
Varna, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourist things to do here

Hi,

There are many things to do in and around Balchik but i don't know your preferences. Here are some of my ideas:

- there are 3 golf courses with 18 holes close to Balchik;

- trip to the Northern Bulgarian Black Sea coast, don't miss to have lunch at the mussel farm in Dalboka /one of my favourite places/;

- Varna- where depending on your interests you should enjoy your visit;

- full day trip to Nessebar - UNESCO site

and many more.

Dany

Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourist things to do here

Thanks for the very quick reply. My son is getting married in June at the Botanic Garden in Balchik. We will be there for 1 week before the wedding. We are looking for cultural tours, beach or sea adventures, good places to eat or drink. Suggestions on those things?

RF2
Dimitrovgrad
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourist things to do here

Kaliakra cape is an option for a half day trip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaliakra

Norway
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tourist things to do here

What a beautiful place for a wedding! Be sure to take a tour of the gardens and the little palace. You can easily spend half a day there.

Do take a trip to Varna - The Church of the Assumption, although not very old, is beautiful. I also recommend the Ethnographic Museum. There are many other sights in the city as well.

Another interesting city near Balchik is Dobrich. A lot of the architecture is typical of the Communist era, and in the old part there’s an artisan’s quarter where craftspeople make and sell their goods, such as beautiful traditional pottery and items made of carved wood.

I too recommend a trip to the Kaliakra Cape, with its splendid cliffs and tiny but interesting archaeological museum in a cave.

The main beach in Balchik isn't very big, but quite nice. There’s a beach in Varna as well, but I haven’t tried it out. There are lovely beaches near Balchik as well – at Albena and Golden Sands - but they’re packed with package tourists.

We’ve dined at most of the restaurants on the seafront in Balchik,and none of them were bad. The best one in our opinion was El Simpatico: http://www.el-simpatico.com/#/en/restaurant/ We were told that there are a couple of good restaurants way up on the outskirts of the town, but we never got up to them. If you decide to try one out, taking a taxi is a good idea.

We stayed in Balchik in the summer of 2009, so things can have changed since then. I found this website quite useful when planning our trip: http://www.inyourpocket.com/bulgaria/Varna

Have a wonderful trip and wedding!

5. Re: tourist things to do here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:04 am, May 07, 2013

Reply to: tourist things to do here
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Balchik