We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Westcliff-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
185 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Recomendations please

São Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Ana Ramos is 100% correct

A la carte - Rubayat, i prefer Alameda Santos unit then Faria Lima

Rodizio - Fogo de Chão, Av 23 de Maio

In previous posts were mentioned Paulista Grill, Vento Haragano both were great places a decade ago, nowaday i dont konow...

About Barbacoa, isnt there a la carte?

Porto Alegre
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

I think I have tried almost all of the above restaurants. I have had much better experiences with Vento Haragano, the outfits are traditional from Rio Grande do Sul (where I spend most of my time) and you can get chimarrao (gaucho tea).

Jardineira has the best "salad" buffet to go with, bar none.

You might also want to try the the Rubaiyat on Faria Lima on Saturday for a great feijoada.

But, my favorite place for the money is about two blocks away from Praca Republica, Boi na Brasa (the one on the corner, not the one in the middle of the block). Enormous cuts of meat well cooked, large servings of side dishes, beer in cold aluminum mugs and very inexpensive. Two can eat there for the price of one at the other restaurantes. But it is a sit down place, not rodizio.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

I stayed at the Emilano Hotel and the concierge recommended Barbacoa. They made reservations there for my girlfriend and I and the food was amazing! The salad bar was great too and the service was outstanding! It was really refreshing after spending 20 days in Europe with overpriced restaurants. I've been to many Churrascarias in Brazil but I found Barbacoa to be the best so far...i highly recommend it.

Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

I am going to Sao Paulo in a month for business. It's my first time in Brazil. Seems that eating meat there is a must but could you please explain how it works ? My brazilian colleague will take me to a meat place and I want to know what to expect before going there. Thank you so much for your help.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

ok...

we have two types:

a la carte

and

Rodizio ( kind of all u can eat type)

there is a huge salad/japanese and whatever you can imagine for starters and then...ALL kinds of meet that you cam imagine comes to your table ....

best ones, in my opinion

A la carte: Rodeio, Rubayat and Dinho´s

Rodizio: Fogo de Chão, Jardineira, Barbacoa

Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Thank you for your imput. I can't wait to test it!

Vancouver, BC...
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Rubiyat and Fogo de Chao are great, but try Fogo Gaucho if you are in Tiete. Just as good as Fogo de Chao, but WAY cheaper and friendlier.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
111 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

My beloved choices are:

_Figueira Rubayat (fancy barbecue and fish dishes) http://www.rubaiyat.com.br/figueira/

_Jardineira (tipical southern barbecue)

http://www.jardineiragrill.com.br/

Bon apetit!!!!

Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Just returned from Sao Paulo and loved it! I went to Fogo de Chau and the meat was of great quality. THe salad bar war excellent too. We also went to Figueira. What a beautiful place! We sat under the century old fig tree. The food was absolutely exquisite and service impeccable.

To top this all, my colleagues took me to Sao Paulo Number One Samba school "Rosas de Ouro", and we saw their rehearsal for the February Carnaval parade. It was just fantastic! We danced all evening!

Can't wait to visit Brazil again...

Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Best Churrascaria in Sau Paulo ??

Another convert !