We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Do I get A Visa?

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How Do I get A Visa?

Just went to the Brazilian Website.

Now I am confused.

How did you all get your Visas? It seems like you can only apply via mail if you live in certain States. We live in Buffalo, about 500 miles outside New York City, too far away to go into their New York Embassy to apply.

What did everyone else do that doesn't have an Embassy near them?

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How Do I get A Visa?

The info on Boston may be correct, so stick to using a cheap service for NY.

Do not go to Toronto as their website was very clear that anyone not residing in Toronto or Canada needed to apply in their country of residence.

CA, USA
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How Do I get A Visa?

Toronto says that in case you're applying by mail, not in person. The best way to find out is by calling them directly and asking.

The way I look at it is this: Let's say you're traveling around the world and from any given crountry, you decide you want to go to Brazil. You should be able to go to the local Brazilian consulate and apply for the visa, as long as you do it in person.

CA, USA
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How Do I get A Visa?

Having said that, there is a very good chance that the application in person might cost you at least a whole day, if not more. It seems like the consulates see only so many people per day, and I don't know how long they take to process an application.

Trust me, dealing with the Brazilian government is no walk in the park, it's bureocracy at its worse no matter how you do it, but I guess that's true for just about any country, specially since 9/11.

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How Do I get A Visa?

Bike Traveler

Many thanks, I will do just that.

I have a lot of time to play with this, this trip is March 2008!

Marion

15. Re: How Do I get A Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, August 21, 2009