We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

Hello everyone,

We're gonna be in São Paulo for 4 days; we arrive on Tuesday, we have tickets for Wednesday's game and we leave for Brasilia on Friday.

Someone recommended the Leques hotel which is apparently close to the Fan Fest and a metro ride to the stadium.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

it is an ok choice, but not where most tourists choose to stay.

SP has not been hit with crazy hotel prices for most WC matches...

if that is also the case for semifinal match, you can probably get a room in much nicer areas of town and still be close to subway to get to stadium... that has been discussed extensively in threads like this one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303631-i2161-k690…

FanFest area is not exactly in most attractive part of town either. many locals have chosen to watch matches in Vila Madalena area instead (but VM has few lodging options other than hostels).

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

I agree with Rokatoo. Fan Fest in SP is not very interesting here in SP. The fans are all getting together in Vila Madalena.

For staying, i would advice the Paulista region (jardins), where you have many options of things to do, stores, restaurants, bars, pubs etc.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

i am interested in them if you still have them

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
80 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

Hi, there is a very nice Hostel.

Pousada dos franceses! It´s very good one. It´s near Fan Fest

www.pousadadosfranceses.com.br

First one overall rating in trip advisor

tripadvisor.com.br/Hotel_Review-g303631-d251…

Edited: 8:22 pm, July 11, 2014
5. Re: Sao Paulo for World Cup Semi-finals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, July 14, 2015