We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

What is a good way to book a very nice design hotel in Sao Paulo at a good price. it'sjust an overnight stopover so I don't want to break the back but I do want a Sao Paulo experience.

any advice??

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Try the Five Star Alliance, you can generally find rates up to 100 USD than on other websites.

canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Thanks - anybody ever stayed at Hotel Unique? Is it worth the money? And how strict are they on 2 persons per room?

cheers

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

I've stayed at the Unique and I'll say this, it's a cool place, but you must be prepared. The security is rude and overbearing, even towards guests. The rooms are very good and the service is great, but the windows are thin enough to hear buses and cars. The bar is a fun hangout, the pool is cold, but refreshing, the view is fabulous, and the restaurant is pretty good. The location is okay, but nothing around unless you want to stroll through the park (1/4 mile away) or grab a taxi.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

The Emiliano, the Fasano and L'Hotel are also very nice "design" hotels, all in the same price range as the Unique, but in neighborhoods that have more restaurants. The Emiliano is ultra modern, with exceptionally comfortable rooms. Last time I was there they offered free half-hour massages on check in, and there was a nice bottle of Portuguese Red wine, free, in the room, with a fruit plate.

Sao Paulo has great food. If you're just in town for a night and have a hankering for something uniquely local, try the Figueira Rubaiyat. This is an exceptionally lovely restaurant, the centerpiece of which is an absolutely gigantic old fig tree, whose enormous branches reach into every corner of the dining room. Figueira is a short cab ride from any of the hotels mentioned.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

I've stayed at Unique before and it is a very nice hotel. Rooms are great and the restaurant/bar on the roof is great. Going by yourself for one night, not sure it's worth it. Also not walking distance to much.

However, I really like the Gran Melia Moffarej. Have stayed there three times now and loved it. Great atmosphere. Located well right by Avenida Paulista. That plus the cost is reasonable.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Johnny:

You would choose the Gran Melia Mofarrej over the L'Hotel and the Rennaisance?

Obrigado.

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

I'm not Johhnie, but I have stayed at the Renaissance and spent time at the Mofarej. The Renaissance is only about 8 years old compared to the Mofarej which is at least 15 years old. Both are in great locations, they're only 3 blocks apart, but the Renaissance has a lot of style and class. The Mofarej was a better hotel until it got sold to Melia. It is a great building and classy architecture, but the newness of Renaissance makes it a better hotel.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Does anybody (DJ ?) know the Grand Hotel Ca' d'Oro? Nothing to be found about it and it's the oldest 5 star in SP.

DJ
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

Yes, I know it, it's at the end of Rua Augusta, near the concert hall. Not a great neighborhood after it's dark, lots of prostitutes (not a bad thing by itself since many are good looking college students), but not a desireable neighborhood in itself.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
683 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: design hotel for overnight in san paulo?

elchevere,

Can't comment on those two hotels as I have never stayed in them nor seen them.